john eden

male pale and stale
no i think most of you have no idea and are too scared to say what the answer MIGHT be for fear of losing face

I have no idea what the answer is for you, which is hardly surprising as I'm not a guru and I don't know anything about you.

I also have no idea what k-punk is on about most of the time and am not really all that keen on his approach to things. This has been the case for about ten years now.

If you think I'm scared to say that, then you clearly know even less about me than I know about you.

I have no idea what the answer is for you, which is hardly surprising as I'm not a guru and I don't know anything about you.

I also have no idea what k-punk is on about most of the time and am not really all that keen on his approach to things. This has been the case for about ten years now.

If you think I'm scared to say that, then you clearly know even less about me than I know about you.

sorry, maybe i am looking for answers in all the wrong places and from the wrong people:(

scottdisco

rip this joint please
maybe i'm a product of the environment or my mother didn't love me enough or any number of excuses. i'd hate to think it was a simple as me being simple.

here we go, back to where it started, any number of faffing about can not disguise Nigel Clough waltzing through the Dell as if he were Chrissy Waddle ambling through the AC Milan back four (before the floodlights went out)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The left should leave behind "spontaneity" along with all the other relics of 68, which weigh so heavily on the brains of would-be militants. The alternative is not Stalinism, even if it might involve elements of conspiratorialism (how could any effective political strategy not involve some element of this?); and it will certainly entail a disciplined withdrawal from particular communicative circuits. What is certain is that it is imperative to escape the binaries that "democratic" communicative capitalism has imposed on our thinking.

http://k-punk.abstractdynamics.org/archives/011328.html

what are these binaries we need to escape from ? and if 'the left' leaves behind spontaneity then it should start planning/conspiring the revolution...no?

if you look at it like planning a gig, then

a) pick a date...20/12/2012 is as good as any.
b)pick a venue...your local bank would suffice and makes a nice change from your local university
c)pick your performers...fuck it "YOU ARE A STAR"
d) promote the shit out of it...whats the point in 'disciplined withdrawal from particular communicative circuits'?

...pimpin aint easy!!!

and the alternative ?...well its not stalinism, so by process of elimination we will eventually deduce that " that which it is not so must it be" a form of occams razor ?
'entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity'.

given that its a 'new' orthodoxy we're hurtling towards. is it then impossible to predict it's form or can we mould it ?

and who are we anyway...to the left to the left, everything i own in a box to the left ?

Modernism After Postmodernism: Is there a future beyond capitalist realism?

November 11th 2009

2:00pm - 5:00pm
UEL Docklands Campus

Room EB.3.19

(third floor, main building, turn left upon entering the main square after leaving Cyprus DLR. Cyprus DLR is literally situated at the campus)

Free, All welcome

Has the idea of ‘postmodernism’ left any legacy but that of a generalised capitulation to the demands of liberal capitalism? What can contemporary urbanism learn from the era of unabashed ‘militant modernism’? Is the most controversial living philosopher, Alain Badiou, with his radical re-conceptualisation of Truth, Event and Subject, to be understood as advocating a neo-modernist programme, or something quite different? Can there be any progressive radicalism that does not ultimately embrace the revolutionising logic of modernism?

http://k-punk.abstractdynamics.org/archives/2009_10.html

this looks interesting, anyone going to this and reckon it'll be streamed or youtubed for those in the outer reaches?

no but funnily enough, i just watched 'surrogates' with bruce willis last night and first impressions are, that the resonations with your link seem to be in phase :D

remote control taken to the extreme or maybe dorian grey in reverse?