Lets revolt !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
first a bit of background. the trouble with REVOLUTIONS is they seem to be mostly reactionary and rely on spontaneity with little forethought to planning. so i'm giving myself 3 years to plan in the hope you will all join me. the more the merrier. just so you know, i intend to globally mobilise all forms of media 2.0 in all languages. you can help by spreading the word. that said, if nobody minds i'd like to make this forum, thread and post the ongoing hub should things go to plan for my forthcoming REVOLUTION. should things not go to plan i'll create a hub somewhere else but you heard it here first.

i CAPITALISE REVOLUTION because theres an irony in de-capitalising it when the time comes. i'm not going to set an agenda or a thing to revolt against as it's mostly my personal REVOLUTION so by all means personalise your own and decide your cause of action, though you can decide to take my cause for yours. my only request is that you coincide your date with mine.

the date will be my birthday in the year 2012. which incidentally is the 20th of December. yes 20/12/2012. a most auspicious date for REVOLUTIONS given the renewal of the life cycle for yet another age.

my course of action, my one act of revolt is a simple one. i think it'd be wayyy fun if you adopted it also. on that day, i will march down to the bank or banks as case may be and withdraw all my money but not spend it on anything. on that day C.R.E.A.M. will be my credo. CASH RULES EVERYTHING ABOUT ME. that will be the irony of decapitilising. then i'm going to go home and stop all my automatic payments. btw 20/12/2012 is a thursday so the banks should be open.

today being 11/10/09 seems like as good a day as any to begin the countdown.

i'd imagine in revolutions there would be those who aren't so much down with the cause but rather down for the opportunity to take advantage of the chaos and basically line their pockets. in that respect 2012 would be a perfect opportunity. knowing or seeing someone take out a sum of cash as part of a protest would practically be an invitation for some lowlifes to relieve them of said cash

i'd suggest a security plan to counter such eventuality. though i could see groups/gangs of opportunists working together so there would have to be a collective security plan.but then what do you do about home invasions on the day? i say shoot the fuckers.

the other thing is, canceling auto payments requires a startup fee to re initiate them, which defeats the purpose of revolting against banks and their exorbitant fees. in which case as an alternative form of protest, i'm going to take the day of work.

that'll show them who's boss!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
We've had this one going for a while, so if that doesn't work I look forward to yours

worldwidegeneralstrike.jpg

^nice choice of date too. i'll be up for that. i'm gonna update/release promo packages on 12/11/10 and 13/12/11.

so what are you guys doing to promote ? hi profile artists wearing the t shirt is always a good one. designwise, i'm thinking of an online competition to culture jam bank logos. naturally i'll be hitting up the list on that wiki link.

in the meantime. i'm going to amass as much of a fortune as i can within the next 3 years. hopefully, by the time my birthday REVOLUTION rolls around i'll be debt free and wallowing in filthy lucre so when i withdraw it all, it'll really hit em where it hurts.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Operating an awareness promotion at the moment, and then we'll see from there. We chewed and eschewed the promo T-shirt campaign. Nice idea but I don't really want Angelina Jolie wearing something I've made. We'll see what happens.

Lol at the amassing fortune, it's kinda counter-intuitive.

sweet, keep me in the loop. i was thinking more of lady gaga or la roux or zomby or whoever is in the light of darkness when the time comes, to wear stuff than angelina.

as for amassing a fortune. i cant really see that happening unless my art kicks off. so its more a contingency in that, if i'm going to sell out, i'll do it early. saves me becoming a hypocrite if i did it wayyy late in the piece.

i wonder if in 3 years i could link a million sites back to this thread ? gonna have to get some hacker mates to teach me how to spam email:)

matt b

Indexing all opinion
first a bit of background. the trouble with REVOLUTIONS is they seem to be mostly reactionary and rely on spontaneity with little forethought to planning. so i'm giving myself 3 years to plan in the hope you will all join me. the more the merrier. just so you know, i intend to globally mobilise all forms of media 2.0 in all languages. you can help by spreading the word. that said, if nobody minds i'd like to make this forum, thread and post the ongoing hub should things go to plan for my forthcoming REVOLUTION. should things not go to plan i'll create a hub somewhere else but you heard it here first.

i CAPITALISE REVOLUTION because theres an irony in de-capitalising it when the time comes. i'm not going to set an agenda or a thing to revolt against as it's mostly my personal REVOLUTION so by all means personalise your own and decide your cause of action, though you can decide to take my cause for yours. my only request is that you coincide your date with mine.

the date will be my birthday in the year 2012. which incidentally is the 20th of December. yes 20/12/2012. a most auspicious date for REVOLUTIONS given the renewal of the life cycle for yet another age.

my course of action, my one act of revolt is a simple one. i think it'd be wayyy fun if you adopted it also. on that day, i will march down to the bank or banks as case may be and withdraw all my money but not spend it on anything. on that day C.R.E.A.M. will be my credo. CASH RULES EVERYTHING ABOUT ME. that will be the irony of decapitilising. then i'm going to go home and stop all my automatic payments. btw 20/12/2012 is a thursday so the banks should be open.

today being 11/10/09 seems like as good a day as any to begin the countdown.

OK Martin, the game's up

is there a long tail of wealth with most of it concentrated in the masses or is it centrally accumulated in the few ? i mean, is this whats likely to happen if there was a run on the banks by the yoof and mom and pop savers or the drugs cartels and black market?

zombie_revolution_screen.jpg

would it be great if the zombie revolution caused the zombie banks to fail and the whole capitalist system fell over ?...only if there was 'something' ready and able to step immediately into the vaccuum. what is that 'something' and what of the cash people would be walking round with ? would it be worth anything ?

can anyone counterfactualise a scenario ?

i have a theme tune.

"This song originated as a bank commercial, but became the definitive song of the carpenters..."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We've only just begun to live,
White lace and promises
A kiss for luck and we're on our way.
And yes, We've just begun.

Before the rising sun we fly,
So many roads to choose
We start our walking and learn to run.

Sharing horizons that are new to us,
Watching the signs along the way,
Talking it over just the two of us,
Working together day to day
Together.

And when the evening comes we smile,
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow,

matt b

Indexing all opinion
unmasked:

wow...i'm amazed how similar some of shackletons new stuff is to some of hell science dept's old stuff. particularly from about 14 til 23 minutes in this mix. even the mixing styles and use of samples are eerily similar. 2006 really was a great year for the D.

There's only one person in the world who likes hell science dept.

john eden

male pale and stale
could it really be so simple though ?

Some things are very simple.

For example when I was recently diagnosed with a chronic neurological disorder, somebody who I had developed a mildly antagonistic online relationship with left a comment on my blog saying "ha ha, karma's a bitch".

The simplicity of that is quite clear, I think?

i can understand real life repercussions of cause and effect like making a run on a bank possibly collapsing the system, but how can words online affect a persons health and disability. does karma work in virtual reality also?

i'll try to stay on point then hopefully others will too.so can it really be so simple to bring down the system by crashing the banks?

striking will halt production for a day but the next day it's business as usual. social disruption like protests makes you feel like you're doing something but the man has that covered with riot squads and CCTV.

if everyone who went on strike, protested or joined a demonstration went to their bank on that day and withdrew their money wouldn't that have more of a snowballing effect ?...but then what do you do when you have no money and are operating on credit and owe the banks?

Status
Not open for further replies.