Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Anyone looking for a venue for a night on Fridays in London zone 1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,071

    Default Anyone looking for a venue for a night on Fridays in London zone 1

    Just thought I'd flag up that the place that replaced the old Salmon & Compass in Islington is apparently looking for someone to take over Friday nights there (a work colleague's brother runs it, so I understand)...

    contact should be on the website:

    www.thecompassn1.co.uk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Just thought I'd flag up that the place that replaced the old Salmon & Compass in Islington is apparently looking for someone to take over Friday nights there (a work colleague's brother runs it, so I understand)...

    contact should be on the website:

    www.thecompassn1.co.uk
    if i had a club night, it would play exclusively riot grrl and grime, i've decided. wot, no takers?

  3. #3

    Default

    Funky room one, Slow jams room two.
    I've been saying this for time.

    I might want to try and take this up though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mos dan View Post
    if i had a club night, it would play exclusively riot grrl and grime, i've decided. wot, no takers?
    only if you intersperse it with the occasional Europop record.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    contacted

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North East London
    Posts
    5,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mos dan View Post
    if i had a club night, it would play exclusively riot grrl and grime, i've decided. wot, no takers?
    yeah I think me and martin would be up for that!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    berlin
    Posts
    8,453

    Default

    did you get my SA PM baboon?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slackk View Post
    Funky room one, Slow jams room two.
    I've been saying this for time.

    I might want to try and take this up though.
    this is actually a viable good idea, as opposed to mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    only if you intersperse it with the occasional Europop record.
    yes. got to give the people what they want. how about

    Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    yeah I think me and martin would be up for that!
    which would make three of us, and three of us alone. lol.

  9. #9

    Default

    I'd love to take this on - I've always wanted to run a club. The only thing that's putting me off is the inevitable bit where I end up doing loads of poppers and coke and laughing hysterically in the backroom, stabbing my business partner in the back, pistol-whipping the coatroom girl in the face, laughing and firing random shots at the bar staff, and sleeping with one eye open, before torching the place at 5am to try and recoup the heavy financial losses / prevent it from falling into the hands of the Turkish mafia / prove that I am the king of fucking clubland.

    I would have a policy where any DJs would have to do a mandatory 1-hour stint in the toilet, selling aftershave and offering paper towels to punters. Just as an ego-curbing measure. And whatever the womens' toilet equivalent of that is.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    gonna head down on tuesday to check it out!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    I'd love to take this on - I've always wanted to run a club. The only thing that's putting me off is the inevitable bit where I end up doing loads of poppers and coke and laughing hysterically in the backroom, stabbing my business partner in the back, pistol-whipping the coatroom girl in the face, laughing and firing random shots at the bar staff, and sleeping with one eye open, before torching the place at 5am to try and recoup the heavy financial losses / prevent it from falling into the hands of the Turkish mafia / prove that I am the king of fucking clubland.
    At some point you would need to shit on the bar. Just to keep things proper, like.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •