studio mix _ SUBMARINE (electronic)

zhao

there are no accidents
submarine.0.jpg

click, dub, bleeps, ambient, even a couple of saxophones here and there:

a sub-aquatic weave of instrospective, minimalist pulses, this other-worldly mix navigates the less traveled realms of left-field electronica and oceanic dub-techno. moving with determination and clarity of mind, guided by a logic both alien and intuitive, Submarine is sparse by design, yet rich in tonality.

this list of artists was made in hindsight, may not be entirely accurate, and is missing a few entries (if anyone can help me correct the mistakes and fill in the blanks it would be appreciated).

01 Soft Pink Truth
02 Komet
03 ???
04 Jan Jelinek
05 Farben
06 Pheek
07 Andrew Pekler
08 Stewart Walker
09 Spiess, Peter F.
10 Thomas Brinkmann
11 ??? / Swim label
12 Closer Music
13 ???
14 CheckSum
15 ø
16 Taylor Deupree
17 ø
18 Gramm
19 ???
20 Gas
21 ø
22 ??? / Scape label
23 Aphex Twin
24 Thomas Koner

79 Minutes / 160 kbps / 91.2 MB

Rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.de/files/18630366/Submarine.zip.html

bigupload:

http://bigupload.com/d=DF37C698

Last edited:

michael

Bring out the vacuum
This has been a great soundtrack to wandering Tokyo in a too-much-work haze. Sometimes hard to discern what was inside and what was outside my headphones... good fun. Despite enjoying a lot of music like this I'd heard very little of these selections before.

D

droid

I enjoyed this. Good mixing, sequence and selection.

Are you sure track 23 is Aphex? The beats are very ventolinish - but those strings seem way too clean, and I dont recognise it... :eek:

zhao

there are no accidents
thanks Michael, Droid, for your comments, and immensely glad that you enjoy it.

Michael I bought the Jet Jaguar and Patio albums when they came out, and they were an unmistakable part of the sound track for those funny weird Dot Com years :)

Droid, that is an AFX track off 26 Remixes (I'm pretty sure). sounds like polar caps melting or a great ship sinking... thought it was a perfect apocolyptic end note to the mix...