male pale and stale
342537478_84591931b1.jpg

Roll up roll up!

BENGA - Big Apple / Tempa- old skool 8 bar set

BOK BOK Birthday Set! - LWR END SPASM / Sub FM- bass line house mash up

JASON MUNDO + LIFTED MC (US) - Dub Assembly tour - dub / dubstep

JOHN EDEN - Uncarved.org / Woofah- dancehall

BOOMNOISE - Back 2 the 80's set

dubstep : dub : dancehall : old skool garage : jungle : bassline : old rave : rnb : hip hop : house :

9pm-2am

£5 / £3 concs

PLAN B
418 BRIXTON ROAD
LONDON
SW9

www.myspace.com/joindots

http://www.drumzofthesouth.com/

STN

sou'wester
But the Victoria line shuts at 10pm! What's a poor (North-London-based) sailor to do?

STN

sou'wester
Someone had a late night last night!

Benga is wicked, I assume your repetition of his name is an admission of this but I thought you hated dubstep. Join us, John, the water's awfully warm...

john eden

male pale and stale
Someone had a late night last night!

Benga is wicked, I assume your repetition of his name is an admission of this but I thought you hated dubstep. Join us, John, the water's awfully warm...

I like Benga! I told him that much at great length last night. :eek:

OK, then.

Some old tosser was on first playing 70s roots and dub, followed by some 21st century reggae including not one but two Nelly Furtado tunes. He finished up with a bit of an early digital selection. People liked it.

Then Jason Mundo from Dallas played an impressive selection of his own dubplates. These were generally refixes of reggae tunes with bastard big basslines on them. Some of them were very good and he is a thoroughly nice chap who gets very animated behind the decks.

The some bloke, I think he was called Benga?

He played a selection of 8bar and proto grime/dubstep from 2000-ish. It was unbelievably good and I was almost in tears that something so fluid and simple could be so effective compared to the bloated shite which it seems to have spawned. Seriously - this set was the stuff of legends - it was like being back at BASH or something.

Then Alex Bok Bok came on and tore the place up with some filthy filthy bassline house. It was really good stuff.

Not a lot of people in the dance but that meant I got to chat to some great people. Out to mos-dan, bok, boom, Georgina, Markle, Sabeena, Mr Contakt, Mundo, Pokes, Alex etc...

I left before Boom came on but apparently he donned a shell suit and kicked off with Killing Joke's "Eighties".

STN

sou'wester
Sounds wicked! God damn my sensible, staying-in hide. I shall never, ever be sensible ever again. It gets you bloody nowhere and I feel rough today anyway.

john eden

male pale and stale
Sounds wicked! God damn my sensible, staying-in hide. I shall never, ever be sensible ever again. It gets you bloody nowhere and I feel rough today anyway.

I feel GREAT!

(As long as I don't try to do any work...) :(

mos dan

fact music
everything john says is true!! i don't think i've ever ever heard five such diverse and brilliant sets in a row. hooray for georgie for putting this on!