Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was hungover as shit yesterday and looked for a film to get me through to bedtime

I happened on "Insomnia", Dir. Nolan, Star. Al Pacino/Rob. Wlms

It's a decent watch, very different from most Nolan films except for I suppose the mentally fucked protagonist whose perceptions you can't trust

And then when I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep I actually found it helped me to recall the scene where Al Pacino JUST ABOUT DROPS OFF before the phone rings (which struck me as hilarious last night)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've rewatched Insomnia. I think by some metrics it might be the best Nolan film, in that it's consistently good, nothing outrageously cringeworthy (and how did he manage that with Robin Williams as the killer?), gripping...

But also probably the blandest, least Nolan-y of them. There's the morally shifty protagonist, dealing with a mental illness/injury of sorts, and there's twists and turns and some flashing back and forward, but you might not be able to tell it's Nolan if you didn't watch the opening credits.

Which again makes me think that in order to become Christopher Nolan the phenomenon he had to be untethered, for good and ill, had to be allowed to go hog wild with the EPICness and self conscious narrative trickery.

Still, would thoroughly recommend Insomnia, a movie for real people like us.

version

I've rewatched Insomnia. I think by some metrics it might be the best Nolan film, in that it's consistently good, nothing outrageously cringeworthy (and how did he manage that with Robin Williams as the killer?), gripping...

But also probably the blandest, least Nolan-y of them. There's the morally shifty protagonist, dealing with a mental illness/injury of sorts, and there's twists and turns and some flashing back and forward, but you might not be able to tell it's Nolan if you didn't watch the opening credits.

Which again makes me think that in order to become Christopher Nolan the phenomenon he had to be untethered, for good and ill, had to be allowed to go hog wild with the EPICness and self conscious narrative trickery.

Still, would thoroughly recommend Insomnia, a movie for real people like us.
al-pacino-christopher-nolan.gif

IdleRich

IdleRich

Think I might watch that, can't wait tiny find out who is the killer... oh