- So Lovecraft was a racist, but is still not quite cancelled?
- R Kelly, the paedo/sex abuser, cancelled? I would still like to be able to hear his tunes, but i don't think it's allowed now
- MJ likewise, but his tunes are canonical?
- Conrad was a bit racist too, but is not cancelled, afaik
- I personally cancelled Tea for racist outbursts
- Weinstein - i guess there should be a list of movies that he made that we should avoid
- but Woodie Allen, is he on his way to rehabilitation now?
- our own Nina, could we rehabilitate her? How??
It's not black and white, is it? and i'm definitely not arguing for these beasts,
obviously there are all kinds of factors and complexities - the gravity of the offence - was it just words or was it actions? was it a crime? did they do the time? Did they apologise? who suffered?
how far back was it? how much water has passed under the bridge? how have our attitudes changed since?
Should we have a consistent reaction, or is there space fot personal subjectivity? Are some cancellations undermined by our own prejudices?
How come our puritanical impulses have deepened in some respects but not others? How does Boris sail through?
So many questions,
Can we have a policy clarification, please, or at least some robust guidance