U2

francesco

Minerva Estassi
Yes, and the U2, love it or hate it, are one of the key to understand the final solution:

Manifesto of the Templars of the Christian Brotherhood

Yours truly, King Saint, the current Grand Master of the TCB, found Apocalypse of the King while visiting Joshua Tree National Monument in California on April 4, 1997. It was written on a scroll and sealed in a bottle. It was signed by Elvis Aaron Presley. The angel told me to write this manifesto for the Templars of the Christian Brotherhood. This is a secret society that was originally formed by Elvis and his minions, the Memphis Mafia. Elvis was the first Grand Master of the TCB. Elvis and the Memphis Mafia combated one of the incarnations of the Helter Skelter Conspiracy. Back then, the main conspirators included Charles Manson and the Beatles. Today, the main conspirators are neo-nazis, white supremacists, and members of the order of the Ku Klux Klan (nwo's). Helter Skelter must be defeated -- members and friends of the TCB unite!

Helter Skelter Conspiracy
This is the "mother of all conspiracy theories." The Helter Skelter Conspiracy began when the Great Dragon, that serpent of old, whose name is Satan, or the Devil, was thrown down to earth after losing a war with the angel of Israel, the renown archangel Michael. The Great Dragon was furious and waged war on Israel for giving birth to Yeshua HaMashiach, the son of Prime Mover. One of the main phases of the conspiracy involved the fallen angel or demon of Germany, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon. The goal of this phase of Helter Skelter was to eradicate the sons and daughters of Israel so that the Aryan headed New World Order would establish a satanic millennium known as the Third Reich. One of the results of this phase, the Holocaust, was the consequence of a war between Abaddon and Michael in which Michael was severely injured. However, Michael was rescued by the two angels who are referred to as the "Two Great Eagle's Wings". These two angels are Ephraim, the angel of Great Britian, and Manasseh, the angel of America. This explains why the British and the Americans defeated the Germans in World War II and put a final end to Hitler's final solution.

The Templars of the Christian Brotherhood are meant to be the good counterpart to the many evil occult secret societies active before the rise of Nazi Germany, such as the Order of the New Templars and the Ordo Templi Orientis. These secret societies were responsible for much of the racist ideology that paved the way for the Holocaust. The Nazi's borrowed the swastika from the emblem of the Order of the New Templars. An influential figure for the racist thinking of these societies came from Madame Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, the founder of the Theosophical Society. Elvis, who thought his mother Gladys resembled Blavatsky, read Blavatsky and many other occultists and New Agers in order to better understand the historical dimensions of Helter Skelter.

The Beatles were from Liverpool, the name which appeared on the RMS Titanic, which hit an iceberg on April 14, the same date Abraham Lincoln was shot, and sank on April 15, the same date Abraham Lincoln died. The Titanic was a warning, a prophetic metaphor, how quickly the United States could sink into the moral abyss. Also, the Beatles were given instructions from Abaddon, the demon of Germany, while they were performing in Hamburg, Germany.

Elvis and the Memphis Mafia, working as the Templars of the Christian Brotherhood, were successful in exposing and defeating the Manson phase of Helter Skelter. Elvis modeled some of his public persona after the comic book hero Captain Marvel Jr., who even resembles Elvis. After being named one of the 1970 young men of the year by the national organization of the Junior Chambers of Commerce, Elvis stated in his acceptance speech that he was always the hero of the comic books he read. The comic book character Captain Marvel Jr. himself first appeared during World War II. The young man Freddy Freeman became Captain Marvel Jr. after he was injured during an attack by Captain Nazi. The lightning bolt in Elvis' TCB logo comes from the lightning bolt on the front of Captain Marvel Jr.'s costume and is also supposed to be the good counterpart to the evil double sig rune of the nazi SS.

Elvis had met with President Richard Nixon in order to infiltrate the FBI. Elvis wanted to wage a war on drugs, not only because drugs were morally corrupting America's youth, but also because he discovered an FBI plot to keep blacks down by getting them addicted to drugs. The plot, known as operation "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", involved the Beatles.

U2

It is no accident that Apocalypse of the King was found in Joshua Tree National Monument. The apocalypse is dated March 17, 1977. What is interesting about this date is that the Irish rock band U2's The Joshua Tree album was released March 17, 1987, Saint Patrick's Day. U2, the "Anti-Beatles", are prophets whose mission is to expose Helter Skelter. The rock band Rush, in their song "Mission" from the album Hold Your Fire, attest to U2's mission. On their The Unforgettable Fire album, U2 feature two members of the American Trinity. The song "Elvis Presley and America" is immediately followed by the last song "MLK". U2 warn that America is under attack by demonic forces and that Americans need to be morally wide awake.

In their movie Rattle and Hum, U2 pay homage to Elvis by visiting Graceland and they shot their video to "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" in Las Vegas. Also, once before U2 performed the song "Helter Skelter", Bono claimed that he was stealing it back from Manson. A cartoon Elvis also appears in U2's video "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" -- driving a car with a license plate that reads "ELVIN2U". It is also in this same video that one of Bono's alter egos is reading C.S. Lewis' "Screwtape Letters", a book written from the evil perspective. Just as C.S. Lewis takes the perspective of an evil demon to teach his readers spiritual lessons, so Bono takes the perspective of an evil character to teach his audience about Helter Skelter. Bono even ended one of his concerts dressed as a devil singing the song with which Elvis always ended his concerts, "Can't Help Falling in Love". In the song "Until the End of the World", from Achtung Baby, Bono takes the persona of Judas, the disciple who betrayed Yeshua HaMashiach.

The album The Joshua Tree is about America and her problems in the face of Helter Skelter. Achtung Baby and Zooropa are about the evil New World Order. It is well known that the European Union, whose flag appears on the cover of Zooropa, is the fabled Beast of Revelation 13. U2 almost broke up when they made the mistake of recording some of Achtung Baby in Berlin.

Jesse Garon Presley
Satan tried to kill Elvis at birth but killed Elvis' twin brother Jesse Garon instead not realizing that Gladys gave birth to twins. This is how Elvis escaped the clutches of death. Both Jesse and Elvis are sons of Israel by flesh. Also, Elvis died reading A Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus, a book about the Turin shroud. This was not coincidental, since Elvis was a disciple of Yeshua HaMashiach and legend has it that the original Templars possessed the shroud.

Jesse Garon Presley is the Jesse figure in that he is a relative of Elvis, the King David figure (see Bono's poem which refers to Elvis as the American David).

Elvis was the King, Martin was named King.
Elvis died in Memphis, Martin died in Memphis.

The evil powers took the offensive in 1967 and 1968. Baldur attacked Manasseh and The Dragon Satan attacked Michael. First, the European Economic Community was formed on July 1, 1967. The Beatles and the Rolling Stones inspired by Abaddon, went about corrupting the youth of America and Britian. It was in 1967 that the Stones' album Their Satanic Majesties' Request and the Beatles' album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band appeared. It was in 1968 that the Stones' song "Sympathy for the Devil" and the Beatles' White album appeared. It was also in 1967 that the forces of evil attacked Israel in the Six Day War. Elvis and the TCB defeated the Stones' and Beatles' attack and Israel was victorious in the Six Day War. Not coincidentally, Hell's Angels were responsible for a murder during a Stones peformance at Altamount on December 6, 1969. It was at Altamont where Mick Jagger took on the personality of the Devil during the performance of "Sympathy for the Devil".

King Saint
The current Grand Master of the TCB, yours truly, King Saint, is leading a covert operation, known as Operation 90581, the goal of which is to recover the great Ark of the Covenant. There is an Israeli secret society, whose name is Operation Ortal, which is cooperating with Operation 90581.

The TCB too, are in search of the Ark and it is not an accident that I was visited by the angel of America while gazing upon the Hale-Bopp comet, because it is thought that the last appearance of that comet occurred at the time that King Solomon's Temple was dedicated and when the Ark was placed in the Holy of Holies. Also, the secret word of Captain Marvel Jr., SHAZAM, refers to one human and five gods -- the human being none other than King Solomon:

Solomon
Hercules
Atlas
Zeus
Achilles
Mercury

If A=100, B==101, etc., then:

H = 107
I = 108
T = 119
L = 111
E = 104
R = 117

Shalom,
King Saint
Grand Master of the TCB
April 6, 1997

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I presume a British show called 'Get Up Stand Up' has screened in the UK already?

On the weekend just past an episode screened here about the rise of huge charity gigs, starting with George Harrison's Bangladesh benefit in '71.

Sir Bob Geldof and Mr Bono Vox appeared extensively (unsurprisingly) and it was really interesting to me, wrt why Bono is so annoying. I've seen Geldof in a few interviews over the last couple of months and he strikes me as disarmingly honest. In this show he was talking about how he met some big politician (missed who) via Band Aid and called him a "murdering cunt".

Meanwhile Bono was saying the two of them play good cop bad cop, how he has great respect for the head of the World Bank ("a perfect gentleman") and had to placate the man while Bob had him against the wall trying to strangle him, and most crucially how he sees himself as a salesman and deal maker.

So basically, yeah, as someone said upthread, he is a politician. Or more accurately he plays the same games, wrt PR spiels and deal making.

On an emotional level, there's something I find really unpleasant about that, whatever end he's aiming towards.

On a practical level, i.e. if you accept how things are, Bob's righteous rage might not instigate as much change as Bono's snake oil, but it's much more exciting to watch someone genuinely agitating, at least being really honest and passionate. Geldof asked rhetorically why he should mince his words, pointing out he is not a politician and doesn't care what politicans think of him.

Could say more, but that'll do for now. I don't know social theory and stuff so I have no idea what most dissensus contributors are on about when the topic moves from music. :)

In other news, I have to admit I quite like U2's music. My wife has a couple of their albums and I've owned other albums of theirs as a teenager. If someone were laying into the band I'd happily join in or at the least laugh along at the mocking. However, if an album was playing on the stereo I would only change it if I preferred to hear something else (not because I couldn't stand it being on).

zhao

there are no accidents
errrr...

hello everyone. my first post here. this was the first thread I clicked on.

Simon needs to check his head. any "charity" on the part of the west toward parts of the world devastated and changed for the worse by imperialism just stinks of hypocracy and self agrandisement. it's like patting yourself on the back for bringing flowers to someone who's legs you broke. European and American complicity in the problems in 3rd world countries cannot be covered up by some god-awful rock concert spectacle.

"the west won the world in the past few hundred years not by its profundity of thought or depth of understanding, but by it's ruthless use of technology toward violence" (or something like that) - I forget where I read it or who said it.

when I was 14 I liked "Boy" and "War". last I heard those albums was when I was about 16. I think this band's trajectory is all down hill from the first album onwards.

did anyone make any sense of that giant consipiracy post above?

Randy Watson

mms said:
you can't deny edges guitar sound is his own

I can't remember who it was ( it might have been John Lydon) who used to say that Edge ripped his sound off Keith Levene.

I'm quite partial to Unforgettable Fire and Achtung Baby. Rattle and Hum is one of the worst records I've ever heard - utterly misguided in every way.

Woebot

k-punk said:
The notion that the world is improved by U2 is the best ever argument for nihilism. Surely better a destroyed or worsened world than one in which we have to put up with their bluster.

(rolls on the floor, sides splitting)

aw, they're not THAT bad! i can't for the life of me envision Bono as "the enemy". i can't take him too seriously actually. i certainly don't find him threatening (not that anyone here seems to either...do they really?) i think he's OK, i think he's some kind of force for good, even if that wouldn't be my chosen way of dealing with the situation (picturing himself behind enormous teak desk sucking cigar pondering the world's ills)

arent people being a little quick to dismiss them JUST BECAUSE they represent Daily Mail/Q rock? cant we be a little more warm-hearted to this gang of blarney rapscallions? it doesnt mean we have to buy their records and not arthur russells!

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
God, I hated U2 SO MUCH. I thought they were THE WORST BAND IN THE WORLD. Pompous, asinine, flatulent, wholesome... everything I hate about rock. Must have despised them utterly for at least ten years -- 79 to 89, maybe longer.

But the wife liked them, couldn't understand why I couldn't bear their music, why I found it utterly intolerable and HAD to leave the room when they were playing. So, slowly, she started drup-drip-dripping bits of them to me when I wasn't paying attention. And in the end I had to admit that some of their stuff was OK. A bit.

Eventually, I had to concede that I liked the tunes, dammit! Actually, I had to admit to myself that I thought that some of the tunes were absolutely bloody fantastic. Whole albums in fact. The Unforgettable Fire, Zooropa, the Rattle and Hum video... lots of stuff. I wound up going to see them and they were great. Along the way I did some strategy work for their studio.

And as far as the debt relief stuff goes, more power to his elbow, I think.

U2 are OK, for me.

mms

sometimes
Randy Watson said:
I can't remember who it was ( it might have been John Lydon) who used to say that Edge ripped his sound off Keith Levene.

as much as i like keith levene's sound its very different i think .
the edge is all in the detuned delay in his lead and also his lush rhythm playing

Randy Watson

mms said:
as much as i like keith levene's sound its very different i think .
the edge is all in the detuned delay in his lead and also his lush rhythm playing

I think the quote was more to do with the early, "edgier" sound :eek: . The delay and lush rhythm thing seemed to develop through Unforgettable Fire with Eno producing. Lanios also quite influential I think. Not to take away from Edge.

I think the lydon quote is more to do with October, War & Boy (think I Will Follow).

redcrescent

mms said:
edge looked like he had it in him to go out on the hoof a bit, he with arthur russell and holger cuzay in the early 80's didn't he?
Absolutely. I rate that Wobble/Edge/Czukay EP, actually. Listen 'ere.
There's a Francois Kevorkian dub of "Snake Charmer" on the CD that comes with the Last Night a DJ Saved My Life book, and it's mighty fine.

robin

woebot i suspect that if you lived in ireland for a while and had to put up with the ubiquity of bono right across all forms of media here you'd realise what an insufferable prick he is

Elan

Blackbird
An article I read in, of all places, <i>Time</i> talked about how Bono & The Edge played their new songs for their non-pseudonymed rhythm section and they basically told them to take 'em back to the shop until they were more cheery/rocking songs that could actually be played in stadia around the world. It could well be that U2 are stuck doing what they do and can't be avant-garde/interesting at all, or they aren't willing to take that risk.

Bono is oily, or maybe he thinks of himself as the honey that draws more flies, or something. He seems to hit the news here more as a quasi-political figure - 'Bono pressures the G8' - and is only secondarily that guy who sings for U2.

Re: Simple Minds - I like Jim Kerr's voice a lot more than Bono's and back in the 80s (I even include the maligned <I>Sparkle in the Rain</i>!) they were the better band by far.