adele vs amy winehouse

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
sorry lad, it's been decided by the footballing gods. she got cheated on four times in the space of 90 minutes. that was really rolling in the deep.

mvuent

Void Dweller
the radio station at the hardware store i worked at when this came out played the exact same 80s-00s hits every day, but somehow it got in the rotation for a while. so several times per day i'd be minding my own business when that "EEEEEEEEEEEE" would assault my eardrums out of nowhere, and i'd brace myself knowing a second, even worse "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" would be coming in a few seconds. listening now on headphones it doesn't sound that bad, but half-heard over that speaker system it was like a knife. always a massive relief when it was over and we went back to uncle kracker - drift away.

luka

theres something really draining about having work soundtracked by music on a loop. after a while even the songs you like have been infected.

mvuent

Void Dweller
it is interesting which songs whither under those conditions and which ones withstand. i never would've guessed the eagles singing "he said we haven't had that spirit here since... 1969" would still get me after 10,000,000 plays. always just assumed i hated that song.

okzharp

I worked in a cheese factory for a bit, they piped in radio, same songs every hour... every time certain songs came on the girls on the brie counter would do a little dance.

luka

it is interesting which songs whither under those conditions and which ones withstand. i never would've guessed the eagles singing "he said we haven't had that spirit here since... 1969" would still get me after 10,000,000 plays. always just assumed i hated that song.
aint nobody never got old even tho they played it every half hour