the hidden history co-operative

matt b

Indexing all opinion
i believe the co-operative value their anonymity.

is anything real on the internet? discuss.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Yes, the internet is real, I was more thinking of its value as a project, if the intention of the co-operative is an artistic one, I would be much less likely to recommend it to others than if, say, the people were librarians who wished to archive the material appropriately.
I like the oxymoron, in that of course if people who are unhistoric become recorded, they immediately enter into history, which is often people's express un-desire.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Yes, the internet is real, I was more thinking of its value as a project, if the intention of the co-operative is an artistic one, I would be much less likely to recommend it to others than if, say, the people were librarians who wished to archive the material appropriately.

does this matter in this day and age? having worked in a library for a time, i am aware of how precious librarians can be with 'their' intellectual material. surely the internet allows everything to be archived 'appropriately'?

I like the oxymoron, in that of course if people who are unhistoric become recorded, they immediately enter into history...

me too!

mistersloane

does this matter in this day and age? having worked in a library for a time, i am aware of how precious librarians can be with 'their' intellectual material. surely the internet allows everything to be archived 'appropriately'?

Yeah, you're right there, but they don't purport to own it, as artists do when doing Net.2 art 'projects', which is what I'm wary of the hidden history co-op being. Hope not though.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
i've just heard from the co-operative. they state they are not a 'net.2 art project' and all contributors maintain ownership of their history if desired.

mistersloane

Yes, but if they really are a co-operative, then surely all contributors should be allowed shares in the site?

mistersloane

Sorry Matt being a bit niggley, I just wrote a big thing on interaction with regard the web so am a bit tetchy.

mistersloane

Lol dunno. Blogs are subject to copyright unless otherwise stated ( with a Creative Commons license or whatever ) thus the idea lies with the original authors of the blog...