McKinnon loses extradition battle

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Poor guy. I don't think he had any malicious intentions (but why not eh?) - if you understand the hacker mentality then it's easy to see why he did what he did.

Also, didn't he say he came across some stuff pertaining to UFOs on NASA computers?

mms

sometimes
Poor guy. I don't think he had any malicious intentions (but why not eh?) - if you understand the hacker mentality then it's easy to see why he did what he did.

Also, didn't he say he came across some stuff pertaining to UFOs on NASA computers?

that's what he says he was looking for, the sentence and the way he was treated is at odds with the stuff he's done, which is basically snoop around without being stopped, he'd be best off being employed by them to troubleshoot security issues.
the uk government are pretty terrible on this case too, i think the guy is honest and the fact he was unwilling to take 3 years for pleading guilty would suggest that he believes in his honesty.

Actually they offered him the choice between 4 years if he comes across nicely, or they will throw the book at him if they have to extradite him (he claims that Florida officials threatened to put him in the electric chair).
So he said, OK I'll come quietly, where do I sign?
And they said, oh there's nowhere to sign, just turn yourself over to us and we'll let you off lightly, honest.
So he decided not to believe them.

This from an interview with McKinnon on Radio 4 an hour or two ago.

mms

sometimes
Actually they offered him the choice between 4 years if he comes across nicely, or they will throw the book at him if they have to extradite him (he claims that Florida officials threatened to put him in the electric chair).
So he said, OK I'll come quietly, where do I sign?
And they said, oh there's nowhere to sign, just turn yourself over to us and we'll let you off lightly, honest.
So he decided not to believe them.

This from an interview with McKinnon on Radio 4 an hour or two ago.

ahh ok, i got my info off the bbc news site...
still, it's awful.