What's worth taking a look at in London?

elgato

I just dont know
fun in london

what are your tips for fun things to do/places to go in london?

things other than bars/pubs/clubs etc... and not the obvious museums/galleries - something a bit different

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Take the Docklands Light railway out to Silvertown and have a picnic on the bridge, wander around Canary Wharf and all of the new City areas, listen to Detroit techno and grime and dubstep while you do it, it's kinda future-dystopian type of London that gets away from the old stuff.

Watch Night At the Mueum and then go to the Natural History Museum on acid :)

elgato

I just dont know
good calls! i'm looking more on communal activities but the docklands is one for the future for sure :) thanks

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Wander around the City at night on your own listening to really loud, heavy industrial metal.
Makes you feel like you're in Bladerunner. :D

STN

sou'wester
The Hunterian collection at the Royal College of Surgeons on Lincoln's Inn fields. Don't go if you have just had or are about to have a meal. You can do the John Soames while you're at it (also Lincoln's Inn Fields).

mms

sometimes
The Hunterian collection at the Royal College of Surgeons on Lincoln's Inn fields. Don't go if you have just had or are about to have a meal. You can do the John Soames while you're at it (also Lincoln's Inn Fields).

there is a john soames by candle light night, i think its first tuesday of every month.
very cool i hear.

S

simon silverdollar

i recommend going to the thames barrier by walking east along the thames path (on the south side of the river). it's not for everyone, but i really liked the walk- it feels a little bit like being on the edge of the world. it's interesting to see the other people who have gone there and wonder why they've done so.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
I'm off to London on Sunday for the first time in about 8 years. My family are coming too and neither of them have ever been.

So what's worth checking out in London? Galleries, record shops, parks, pubs, book shops, food place - anything really. My son is only 1 and so that's going to be a restriction but we're staying with my parents and probably have pretty regular babysitting so not too much of one.

Any ideas?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Are you staying in London Melchior? Just acertaining what sort of part of town you'll be in...for a day or longer? I find it's kinda best to focus on one type of area especially with kids if it's just for a day

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
My parents have a flat in South Kensington and we'll be there all up for about two weeks.

Can't beleive I missed an exact same thread from only a few days ago! :eek: