Blackpool

matt b

Indexing all opinion
went to blackpool for the first time at the weekend. whilst the pleasure beach is amazing fun- we went on 16 hot rides, including the Big One, which is proper scary the first go.
big_one_02.jpg

the rest of the place is like the downfall of western civilisation.

we saw:

a 15 year old (estimated age) slumped outside burger king, head on table, piss flowing all over the floor.

roving gangs of stags/hens absolutely off their tits (drunk), all in cowboy hats/smurf hats/t shirts with 'sexy lisa's hen do. do you want a fuck?' messages written on them. swearing, and almost fighting. all the time.

people left to lie in the gutter, paraletic.

owners of B&Bs hurling abuse at customers about to leave, for no apparent reason- doesn't matter, they've been paid.

a girl in a kareoke pub, so pissed that she looks like she's about to cry, suddenly get up, sing 'sound of the underground' (badly), then leaves immediately afterwards, 2 equally pissed mates in tow.

this was followed by 'dave' who was called up to sing. he managed to trip up on the stage, roll around a bit, get up and started mumbling along to the next song, squinting at the words on the screen and wobbling.

multiple arguments between drunk couples.

the whole town was paraletic, from 14-65. married couples slumped in pub corners, others almost having sex in public.

virtually no police, huge numbers of scots.

desperate for food, we walk in a chip shop. 20 pigeons fly out. staff oblivious.

everything run down, rotting and falling apart.

i'm not even going to mention the B&B we stayed in. i'm still a little scarred.

it was a very sad place- the lure of fun, 'kiss me quick' hats and sand has been replaced by thousands of people determined to forget, no matter what the cost.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
haha that video is amazing.

yeh alot of our country seems to be like that now...you go to durham or any other small town and there's just loads of people absolutely smashed at like 6pm. Which is why i'm rasing my kids abroad.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
i go to sunderland and newcastle quite a lot, but blackpool was something else entirely- felt incredibly seedy and nasty drunk rather than happy drunk, on the verge of violent eruption.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Jesus. Sounds like one of those 'maybe al-Qaeda has a point' moments. Or perhaps many such moments, one after another. :(