Cool Jobs Going

Beardiago

Anachronaut
Hello,

There's a few jobs going at my new workplace, and I want to spread the word amongst the more alternative crowds in London.

The company is Faceparty – we run a social networking site, but we also put on some fuck off events and festivals. The atmosphere at work is amazing – this is the first job I’ve had where I can be completely honest about what I do in the evenings and at the weekends, and it’s the first job I’ve had where I feel free to be myself. There’s no dress code – in fact, there’s a costume cupboard in case you get bored of the clothes you’re wearing, there’s a company account at Toys r Us, and we’re all being taken to Burning Man on a company trip.

The office itself is unbelievable: upstairs we have a rainforest, completely with a waterfall and tree house; there are military bunkers and prisons, and downstairs there are caves and the most amazing meeting rooms you’ll ever see. And the toilets… The building is half film set, half theme park and half magical wonderland. Today there’s a naked skinny blonde boy draped over a tree trunk by the kitchen and yesterday we spent the afternoon building forts out of cushions.

The jobs range from pretty basic office admin and entry level events management/production to pooter geekery. The pay clearly ranges, but don’t expect anything unbelievable from the admin or events jobs. Whilst some of the work will be pretty basic stuff, the offices, the people, the bosses and the company as a whole are so amazing, and the atmosphere here is open, accepting and creative enough that working here is pretty fucking sweet.

Anyhooo, below are the jobs that are going. Feel free to spread the word, and please get in touch if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Santi

Events & TV

Entry level, junior role in our events team. You’ll need to be pretty strong, young, fun and supercharged with energy (one of your tasks is restocking the bar in our gig venue, meaning you’ll be shifting 1000s of bottles of beer every day). You’ll get to learn loads and move up in a cool industry, working with big bands and celebs. Email your CV and member name to santiago@faceparty.com and put EVENTS in the subject line.

Programmers

You need to know ASP.NET (C#) with Web 2.0 technologies. Several vacancies at different levels. You gotta be shit-hot, with at least 4 years experience. Amazing opportunity to learn at enterprise level, without the suits (we serve 2 billion pages a month). Email your CV, salary expectation and member name to santiago@faceparty.com and put PROGRAMMER in the subject line.

Database Dudes

You gotta be stupidly advanced, min 8 years experience. This is a big fuck-off serious role, which we know is hard to fill. MS SQL, at DBA level – millions of simultaneous SP transactions. Email your CV and member name to santiago@faceparty.com and put DATABASE in the subject line.

Designers

You gotta be edgy, with web experience. Several vacancies. No commercial experience needed, but fast working essential. Perfect for uni leavers! Email your CV and member name to santiago@faceparty.com and put DESIGNER in the subject line. Examples of work must be included!

Admin

Entry level, junior role in our admin team. You’ll be doing things like replying to member’s emails, checking everyone’s pics are legal and banning naughty members! Email your CV and member name to santiago@faceparty.com and put ADMIN in the subject line.

N

nomadologist

sounds like when i worked at the princeton review...usually we'd drink all afternoon then "come up" with college rankings for our books

petergunn

plywood violin
There’s no dress code – in fact, there’s a costume cupboard in case you get bored of the clothes you’re wearing, there’s a company account at Toys r Us, and we’re all being taken to Burning Man on a company trip.

The office itself is unbelievable: upstairs we have a rainforest, completely with a waterfall and tree house; there are military bunkers and prisons, and downstairs there are caves and the most amazing meeting rooms you’ll ever see. And the toilets… The building is half film set, half theme park and half magical wonderland. Today there’s a naked skinny blonde boy draped over a tree trunk by the kitchen and yesterday we spent the afternoon building forts out of cushions.

yeah, i hate to cast my lot in w/ the "I HATE HIPPIES" brigade... but i think you can take "cool office" too far... this actually sounds sort of diabolical...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Unless the naked skinny blonde boy is there for executive stress relief, in which case, can I send you my CV? :D

mos dan

fact music

PLEASE tell me that you ride around the office on plastic tractors