Moving to SE London- HELP!!!!!

mos dan

fact music
I'vebeen kicked in from New Cross to Canonbury, it can happen absolutely anywhere (esp when you're a great big wuss like me). To be fair, Dan, I think Tea did try to qualify his remarks as personal opinion about his 'comfort zones'.

yeah sorry mr tea, maybe i was too strong, i did see that qualifier... and in a way i feel the same way about comfort zones in re: north london.. but then for that reason i wouldn't say that newington green is hell on earth and you are literally bound to get killed there (hehe minor exaggeration to make a point) - because i am aware of my bias/ignorance.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
OK, so I was a bit harsh on Camberwell, but I didn't specifically say I thought it was any more dangerous or rough than any other part of London - it just looked really ugly and run down (from what I saw of it).
But there then, when you get to know a place and have an affection for it, I guess you learn to see good bits of that a visitor would miss or fail to appreciate.

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
well, just for completion's sake, brockley it has turned out to be- quiet (after wasting way more of my life out of my head rather than in it, slight transport issues may help encourage more creative pursuits), close to college and not exactly a labyrinth away from any insanity that we may require at any given moment.

excited, bewildered (ditching all manner of dull crap and taking an artistic plunge is terrifyingly exhilirating), bemused and ecstatic- mucho thankness for all help- my lady and i will haul ass over to DMZ asap and see how this stuff works on a dancefloor- have we missed its heyday yet? (altho that's obviously another thread...)

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
OK, so I was a bit harsh on Camberwell... it just looked really ugly and run down (from what I saw of it).

This from someone who hangs out in Archway? Sheesh! ;)

Best thing about Camberwell is the jazz club in the church crypt, where you sit on church-hall style metal frame chairs and the vicar wonders round checking everyone's having a good time. Any other clubs in London with a resident vicar?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This from someone who hangs out in Archway? Sheesh! ;)
USED to, USED to! Anyway, in Archway you're just a few minutes' walk from Highgate, in case you ever want to go up there and refresh yourself with the pleasent environs/make yourself green with envy at the cunts that can afford to live there. ;)
Best thing about Camberwell is the jazz club in the church crypt, where you sit on church-hall style metal frame chairs and the vicar wonders round checking everyone's having a good time. Any other clubs in London with a resident vicar?
I've been there! Is that in Camberwell? I just remember getting there on a bus I'd never used before.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
well, just for completion's sake, brockley it has turned out to be- quiet (after wasting way more of my life out of my head rather than in it, slight transport issues may help encourage more creative pursuits), close to college and not exactly a labyrinth away from any insanity that we may require at any given moment.

excited, bewildered (ditching all manner of dull crap and taking an artistic plunge is terrifyingly exhilirating), bemused and ecstatic- mucho thankness for all help- my lady and i will haul ass over to DMZ asap and see how this stuff works on a dancefloor- have we missed its heyday yet? (altho that's obviously another thread...)

Welcome to London! Keep us posted as to how it gets along. I got friends in a house in Brockley and they love it there.