which is the superior excuse?

which is the superior excuse

• Total voters

vimothy

yurp
midnight-surfer.jpg

STN

sou'wester
I have to say, I've used the 'it was shit' excuse as well, after breaking a small pot round a mate's house. Lamentably it was lovingly made for him by his aunt who was incarcerated in a mental hospital. So I fell back on 'I was drunk'.

vimothy

yurp
I was discussing that kind of behaviour with a friend only yesterday. In the 90s, he found a favourite tape (hip hop off the radio), chewed up and in his younger brother's bin. When he expressed disapproval, his younger brother replied indignantly 'so what, it was shit anyway'.

That's what I mean. For e.g., "hey, that's my wine you're drinking!" "Hey, that's my girlfriend you're sleeping with!" "I hate you, you're a fucking twat!"

(Look disdainful for added effect) "yeah, well that's just your opinion, mate."

"Fuck off, cunt" is also good.

swears

preppy-kei
Sorry to say but your mum was completely right. "Nemesis the Warlock"? Nemesis the Fuckwit, more like.

Well, it was a mixed bag. Rave era 2000AD was quite cool and witty and satirical. Easier to get into than american comics too, you didn't have to read a million back issues to understand what was going on. Nemesis was funny, IMO.

STN

sou'wester
Oh! I thought you'd urinated inside a friend's girlfriend's car, or accused your boss of being the real Ipswich strangler, or something

I like the implication that here that urinating in a friend's car would be fine...

martin

----
I once threw a baking potato at some ponce who fancied a girl I was going out with, this was ages ago, he wished her happy Valentine's Day and I lost it and hurled the spud. She was really pissed off and told me I was immature but I said "I just don't want to see you get hurt, I know his sort" and she instantly calmed down - it was that easy! What a laugh

STN

sou'wester
Did the root vegetable in question strike him?

I once threw a McDonalds cup of coke at a geezer who had thrown a half-litre beer bottle at me. Curiously enough, no one asked me to explain that one.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I have found a pretty foolproof way to get out of something is to accept no guilt in a Jedi mind trick sort of way. If you go on enough like you are guiltless, they'll find it hard to accuse.

For instance, someone has found you pissing in someone's car:
"What the fuck are you doing?"
"I'm taking a piss. Hold on, I'll be done in a minute."

You'd be surprised how much it works.

martin

----

I once threw a McDonalds cup of coke at a geezer who had thrown a half-litre beer bottle at me. Curiously enough, no one asked me to explain that one.

Yes, it clobbered the bastard, right on the hooter! Brought a tear to his eye but no permanent damage. He was taller and better looking than me, so he could fuck off.

Yeah, if someone chucks a drink, they have to be prepared to take it back, first rule of the 'food fight' principle

STN

sou'wester
Excellent! Baking potatoes are quite hefty. Was it the first thing at hand?

I was being perfectly reasonable; had the bottle broken, I might be horribly disfigured now.

martin

----
Excellent! Baking potatoes are quite hefty. Was it the first thing at hand?

I was being perfectly reasonable; had the bottle broken, I might be horribly disfigured now.

I'm not sure, it was a friend's kitchen. If I'd thought it through properly I would have used a frying pan, Pauline Fowler style. Kitchen knives would've been OTT, I mean, I'm a twat sometimes, but not an utter cunt.

Broken bottle equivalent would be a scalding hot cup of McDonalds coffee, but again, you could hardly ask him to wait around while you went to the counter and ordered. I guess the moral of both our stories is, use whatever's at hand.

martin

----
Oh, and if you turn up late and someone says "You should have been here 20 minutes ago," just ask, "Why, what happened?" - it really pisses people off.

Pestario

tell your friends
Oh, and if you turn up late and someone says "You should have been here 20 minutes ago," just ask, "Why, what happened?" - it really pisses people off.

Hahaha, that's great.

Another one is if someone goes "Why are you late?" you say "The meeting started before I got here" or whatever it is you're late for.

This thread is like a Dissensus finishing school for surly cunts. I like it.

I was walking through Acton late one night years ago with a couple of pals. Three blokes were coming the other way, one of whom barged me, as if to 'start on me'. Some incredible reflex took over and without looking I threw my unappetising kebab (doner, chilli sauce, lemon juice and garlic gunge) backwards over my shoulder. It hit the bastard square in the face, according to my mates, as he turned to follow through with threats, sneers or punching. That knocked the fight out of him. I just carried on walking as if it was nothing to me. Owned.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

And this didn't escalate into a full-on shirts-off Mcfight-to-the-death?
In most scenarios where two things are thrown at each other you can almost hear the Street Fighter guy descend from the heavens and shout "Round 1... Fight!"

How this didn't happen interests me more. He threw a glass bottle at you!