his big white self/kwaito

stelfox

Beast of Burden
mistersloane said:
Inadvertently ended up seeing Zola live in London tonight
http://www.zola7.co.za/eventdetail.asp?EventID=30
the PA was magnificent but he, DJ Cleo and his dancers only managed three songs before it cut out, shame cos the sound was good. I screamed like a girl and by the third song he had half of a very well to do audience dancing, I pogoed. Kwaito live = top pogo music!
If anyone knows any promoters, get the man back over, he can rock a crowd like I never seen. DJ Cleo's set killed it as well, I'd love to see him do five hours at The End

whoah shit - where was this?
next time you find out about anything like this gimme a shout. i'll defintely come.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I wish I'd known in advance! It was the premiere for Tsotsi and Zola ended up doing the aftershow party. I'm trying to hook up a mix with DJ Cleo for today, so wish me luck. Definitely will let people know if I know next time!!

mikimiki

Hey, jsut found this thread, its been dead for a while, but I'll try anywayz. Rite, so two summers ago I went to Namibia and had an absolute blast. I was there for a month doing various charity works and a bit of touring and there was a song they played at almost every village that had a radio we went to. Now I havent found a namibian Board like this yet so I hope you dont mind too much . Here comes the kicker though... I only know about two words from the song, and I'm not even sure if they're right so here goes nothing. "Tse tse tse tse" I hope i spelt that rite, its what it sounds like anywayz. Thanks for the help, and no its not zeze by TID

ripley

Man, I saw this video of Mapaputsi. That tune is SICK..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

a lot of the other stuff is too house-y for me. but there's something serious going on there.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Man, I saw this video of Mapaputsi. That tune is SICK..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

a lot of the other stuff is too house-y for me. but there's something serious going on there.

It's on his Cd 'Kleva' which is pretty good, all of Mapaputsi's stuff is banging.