found it:

http://k-punk.abstractdynamics.org/archives/007656.html

1st google result when you search: kpunk student earphones matrix :)

wow...just WOW! now thats what i'm talking about. ties in nicely with this

http://www.newswithviews.com/Yates/steven.htm

forget the four walled classroom. is it not possible to make the net your classroom and teach/mobilise kids on line without the ethical dilemma of inflicting your personal politics on real 'kids'?

fuck reclaiming the streets, reclaim the schools, only make the school a blog, a forum, a network, a matrix. create one within the other and reclaim the matrix

so i'm getting that maybe k-punk is not the one, the neo, but rather he is morpheus, searching for the one and able to empower him with the tools to overthrow the machine.

or maybe he's 'eyes only' from dark angel. How does he seem himself i wonder?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
read his forthcoming book, maybe that'll instruct. it all goes back to Badiou doesn't it for K-P?

can i just say i think this thread is the first time i've seen where Massrock has a greater percentage of serious posts as against piss-taking ones ;)

read his forthcoming book, maybe that'll instruct. it all goes back to Badiou doesn't it for K-P?

i will. i just hope the instructions aren't coded for white middle class intellectuals. he seems to have been hinting at answers for a while though having spent a looooong time identifying the problem and framing the questions.

i just wiki'd badiou:). seems he was french so his works in english are transliterated. how faithful then are the concepts when thats done given the subtle nuances and slight misunderstandings of language from culture to culture? equating that to say the bible, in that the king james is a medieval copy of greek scripts translated from hebrew or something like that,shit is bound to get lost in translation.

sure the kernel of truth remains shrouded by the language so is it not possible to translate badiou for the hiphop generation? could k-punk do that?

to counter the dumbing down of the general populace requires translating higher concepts into easy to digest language. so continental philosophy/critical theory if it wants to be understood across a broader section and beyond needs transliterated again into lowest common denom language. for me thats hiphop and i'm not suggesting nerdy white rap ala the CERN thing.

in which case, who would you recommend nomad and do you think badiou or k-punk or whoever is necessary reading/hearing for young people of all ethnicities? if so then what format would you take for delivery of their message cos 4 walled classrooms dont cut it anymore unless you augment them just like waving placards around on the street is a bit of joke.

he seems pretty hit and miss when his cyber-rhythm is not tuned to the mainstream wavelength but when it is, it's pretty inspiring. there was a 2006 period which i resonated with quite well.

its like he's still dancing round the fire instead of jumping through it. funny but i dont equate mark fisher to k-punk. its like the dual consciousness thing needs resolving between the virtual persona and the real person.

nothing says seductive and empty more than a militant dysphoriac living in the cold world :p

luka

me and craner had a moment of terror when we first realised that k-punk could in fact be a genius. i remember it well. its when it first occured to us that the whole thing could be a joke. and that when we thought we were laughing at him, he was secretly laughing at us. taken as a comedy routine the whole thing is just perfect.

craner

Beast of Burden
I remember that revelation. I think it was just outside London City Airport. We went white for a good 10 minutes.

God i hope he's not a joke. on a personal note, i dont mind people laughing at me online but try doing it in real life and its an entirely different story.:p

in asking the question "is there no alternative", my hope is that he answers it with an emphatic NO, then proceeds to tell me what the alternative is and what i should do. is that too much to ask for ?

it'd be great if the alternative were as simple to initiate as my personal REVOLUTION.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm fairly sure rapping about continental philosophy would be pretty much the worst idea anyone has ever had.

Maybe it would be better if vimothy wrote some black metal lyrics instead (ignoring the fact that it all sounds like "EEEAAAARRRGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!" anyway).

Edit: can someone tell me what "capitalist realism" is? I mean, where does the "realism" come in?

Last edited:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
to counter the dumbing down of the general populace requires translating higher concepts into easy to digest language. so continental philosophy/critical theory if it wants to be understood across a broader section and beyond needs transliterated again into lowest common denom language. for me thats hiphop and i'm not suggesting nerdy white rap ala the CERN thing.
I thought that for a lot of continental philosophy, breaking it down in to terms that can be easily understood by the Brainwashed Masses (tm) without effort on their part would pretty much negate the point. It'd be like making punk rock that's nice and tuneful and doesn't have bad language, in order to make it more accessible to mass audiences...

and the clash were the shit! the point is, for all they go on about language barriers obstructing truth, why not use the language of the masses and at least give truth a fighting chance to be heard. no one really gives a fuck how many big words you use do they ? depends who you want to get your props from i suppose. to use hiphop as an example, i like the highly verbose abstract stuff but i can dance better to the stupid fresh shit.

is it me or does k-punks recent shit seem more stupid fresh and way more danceable?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
is it me or does k-punks recent shit seem more stupid fresh and way more danceable?

That's a brilliant line.

Badiou's work is very well translated, they explain veeeeery carefully what the nuances are between his language and that which is being translated, exemplary translations in fact, if you want to go there.

I wouldn't get too caught up in not reading stuff cos it's in a different language, because it's a self-reductive self-argument.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Josef K is quality and missed. he plays squash with Zhao and supports Arsenal football club and wrote a book (or is writing a book, or has written books, or is writing books).

here, here, here, here or here, for starters.