ashra/manuel göttsching

william_kent

Did he ever do anything else like e2e4 or was that a one off? I listen to that album loads

e2e4 is one of the weakest in his discography, in my opinion, but that's because "New Age of Earth" was always my go to "sunrise" album after spending the evening tripping my box off

Ashra - Nightdust

but, anyway, the legend goes that, while on tour with Klaus Schulze, he wanted something to listen to on his walkman on a flight and knocked out a two chord progression in the time it takes to listen to ..one take...I suppose the stars aligned or something and the result was e2-e4

one German publication called it “muzak” and Berlin Magazine said that Göttsching has not understood anything in the modern developments of electronic music and that he should better listen to Depeche Mode (the magazine apologized a decade later).

I really like this album he did in collaboration with Michael Hoenig but it's hard to find at a reasonable price:

Michael Hoenig and Manuel Göttsching - Early Water

RIP

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'd never heard of this guy until people here and on FB started talking about him after he died the other day, but coincidentally this album came up suggested for me on YT just now, so I've put it on.

I really like it - very krauty-motorik rhythms coupled with some fairly OTT (in a good way) guitar heroics that, I would guess, are not most Dissensians' cup of tea most of the time (with, at a further guess, the exception of Padraig).