"NME Top 50 Albums of the Noughties" or "black music scares us"

crackerjack

I once read a letter in a very old NME in which someone was bemoaning the identikit indie coverage. The letterwriter concluded by saying '... when you should be covering challenging, innovative and downright brilliant bands like Dawn of the Replicants'.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaaaaaaahahaha

fantastic - YOU ARE WRONG AND FOR THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES I WLL PRETEND X IS THE REASON WHY!!!!!!!

Benny Bunter

used to really like bright eyes but when hear them now his voice just really gets on my wick for some reason.

lol at that list though

zhao

there are no accidents
the streets are black right?

and the white stripes are too. you can easily tell by the bluesy earthy black music they play.

in fact, almost all of these on the list are black!

crackerjack

the streets are black right?

and the white stripes are too. you can easily tell by the bluesy earthy black music they play.

in fact, almost all of these on the list are black!

you can tell they're scared of black music - otherwise coldplay would be in ;)

mms

sometimes
even in the narrow terms of indie saying the strokes did the best album of the noughties is like saying the brand new heavies did the best dance album of the nineties.

'is this it' is a fitting title.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
recently saw this neo nazi from a racist punk band in a documentary say:

"we hate all that techno and nig__r influenced music. what we play is pure rock and roll."

what a wonderful world indeed.

Last edited:

tom lea

even in the narrow terms of indie saying the strokes did the best album of the noughties is like saying the brand new heavies did the best dance album of the nineties.

'is this it' is a fitting title.
great record mate.

tom lea

haha. nah, the strokes. libertines, white stripes and them can go fuck, but that first strokes album is untouchable for me. every song on there is great. i pretty much know every note off by heart. not a nostalgia ting either, i dont think i even bothered listening to it til 2005 or so because i assumed it would be crap.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Out of that entire list the only ones I'd be caught dead listening to are the Blueprint, BitC, and Arular.

And I don't even like M.I.A.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
haha. nah, the strokes. libertines, white stripes and them can go fuck, but that first strokes album is untouchable for me. every song on there is great. i pretty much know every note off by heart. not a nostalgia ting either, i dont think i even bothered listening to it til 2005 or so because i assumed it would be crap.

same here, didn't bother listening til 2003. but it's just great pop music.

swears

preppy-kei
comic-book-guy.gif

"Worst decade... ever."

michael

Bring out the vacuum
wrong outkast album imo. should have been stankonia in there.

Some mainstream record shop near my work has a wall with their choice of top 50. Their 2 hip-hop albums... Stankonia and Jurassic-5's Quality Control.

Hahaha! :D