Leeds Heads in Here?

originaldrum

from start till done
DJ-Distinction said:
Sub Dub is the place to be!

I know Simon Scott and Mark Iration well. I have been getting few Dubstep bits in for Si down at Tribe Records. Got all three of the DMZ releases in there and they selling wicked so that shows there is an interest out there. I just got to keep up the education & stay consistant with it!
]

yeah man! i used to shop down at tandoori when it was in the corn exchange, simon and his bro are safe, i am good friends with tom who works at tribe as well, and i travelled thousands of kms when mark and dennis toured just last year, but the steppas are well worth it

as for ls6 being over, yeah well i spose it was always gonna go that way, where is ls4 though?

DJ-Distinction

Yeah I have recently got talking with Tom and have got some DMZ bits in for him as well as Skreams latest release which I will be getting for him soonish. Hes a safe guy seems to be feeling the sounds Im on which is all good! Im from LS16, Leeds Born and Bread. Make sure you check out the top floor and basement in Tribe for latest Dubstep/Grime releases. There isnt much in there at the moment but Im working on Si to get more bits through for him. The more people that go in asking him for the stuff the better because he is then going to know there is a demand for it. I have all the links to get the right tunes in there so I just need people to buy the tunes now and then we moving!

Leeds has a very promising Grime/Dubstep future I know it!

ambrose

lol just a lame joke:

ls6 is over for me cos i just moved from ls6 to ls4. ls4 (my bit ) is just burley, kirkstall road etc. so like, 5 mins away

originaldrum

from start till done
ambrose said:
lol just a lame joke:

ls6 is over for me cos i just moved from ls6 to ls4. ls4 (my bit ) is just burley, kirkstall road etc. so like, 5 mins away

yeah man i know it , i was staying down that way for a few months, just off the green, there was also a little cheap chippie there i was fond of, run by like real homely women, and a barber who once gave me a haircut that made me look like a leeds united hooligan, very funny , big up burley squad

ambrose

just to let y'all know

ruff sqwad and boyz in da hood are playing 1st may. er....not sure where, i didnt investigate further cos i am missing it :mad: (going to london to see daniel bel)

but check it out! theres posters about

tox

Factory Girl
ambrose said:
just to let y'all know

ruff sqwad and boyz in da hood are playing 1st may. er....not sure where, i didnt investigate further cos i am missing it :mad: (going to london to see daniel bel)

but check it out! theres posters about

Think that one's down at Rehab. Might be missing it too unfortunately, looks like a pretty big line up.

All you Leeds Heads need to know that Crash records have got some Grime in. Check out the G-Hop Volume 2 compilation. Its got some hot tracks on:

D Double E (Signal), No Lay, Kano, Kyza, Taz, Bashy, Flo Dan, JME.... Its all big. Bargin price too.

Was thinking maybe all us from Dissensus should get together if there's another event on soon. Maybe if there's another Rampant happening or whatever. Did anyone reach Distinction's thing down at the Fav?

DJ-Distinction

tox said:
Think that one's down at Rehab. Might be missing it too unfortunately, looks like a pretty big line up.

All you Leeds Heads need to know that Crash records have got some Grime in. Check out the G-Hop Volume 2 compilation. Its got some hot tracks on:

D Double E (Signal), No Lay, Kano, Kyza, Taz, Bashy, Flo Dan, JME.... Its all big. Bargin price too.

Was thinking maybe all us from Dissensus should get together if there's another event on soon. Maybe if there's another Rampant happening or whatever. Did anyone reach Distinction's thing down at the Fav?

Yeh its called Slap n Tickle. I have played at this event before in the past when Harvey from So Solid was supposed to be coming up. Aint been to one since. Not really on the bad vibes and war-ing so doubt I will be passing by. Unfortunately from past experiences I have noticed that quite a few of the acts this promoter has booked in the past havent turned up or are replaced with smaller acts on the night. Which in my opinion aint on at all.

Do you get tunes in for Crash? I could get DMZ and ITAL bits in there for you if you wanted? These releases dont go through distributors as Mala and Loefah do it themselves.

The Faversham was wicked man. Got roughly over 200 people in there real mixed crowd, good vibes, good atmosphere and thats what its all about in my opinion! Not sure if any of you lot made it down but I have noticed a few "regular" people turning up at events hosting Grime so things are moving slowly but surely.

Im working on something else for the future so keep an eye out for that!