The Neue Deutsche Welle Thread

bb_rebozo

.._......
the wirtschaftswunder. brilliant live band with hauruck-drums and distorted casio. fronted by angelo galizia, an italian eccentrico in tradition of camp-mussolini gabi delgado, co-founder of daf. that good old fascist groove thang.

more lascivious hooks embedded in casio-tone weirdness

nochexxx

harco pronting
ok, to begin with i'd play one of the greater, but more minimally restrained numbers from Poppycock; Put Etre follows FNA quite nicely , or if i wanted to pick up the pace then the Two of China cover, or perhaps Hyman's version of give it up or turn it loose. i could go on and on and on and on. so many recs work well.

--

PeteUM

It's all grist
My contact at Gagarin seems to have some affection for this:

I think I've been introduced to Holger Hiller and I didn't really know who he was and it's really taken the edge of this namedrop/fanboyism. :(

mms

sometimes
My contact at Gagarin seems to have some affection for this:

I think I've been introduced to Holger Hiller and I didn't really know who he was and it's really taken the edge of this namedrop/fanboyism. :(

me too - i only kinda knew who he was - late 90's

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

like this one - maurizio on drums

IdleRich

IdleRich
Was chatting to my friend from Germany the other day about NDW... she didn't know this one, seems no-one does which is a shame cos it's super pop to me.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i walked past some sort of amateur art installation the other day in some run down part of the city and two guys were dressed up in dirt looking like some sort of cyber dystopian homeless people and they were making live music where the vocals were similar. polizei kontrolle, polizei kontrolle, and during their performance the police was actually checking people, among other if they were wearing proper masks and checking for id's. one of those rare cases where things synchronize with each other.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I love it, it's quite a sophisticated taste though - there was some French guy who wrote a book about English food and he just couldn't understand it.