South Rakkas Crew, Heatwave ft Warrior Queen (Brixton, April 17th)

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
Just woke up grumpy on the sofa and).. Found out tht South Rakkas Crew, Heatwave ft Warrior Queen and some others are playing at the Hootenanny (aka the Hobgoblin if you're old skool, aka The George Canning if you're REALLY old skool and propah Brixton like what I am).

TONIGHT.

9pm-3am and it's free..

So I might try and get my youth on and go on down. Just thought I'd flag it because it doesn't seem to have been mentioned on here (apologies if it as, like I say I just woke up :) )

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
bloody hell, Hootenanny is bringing it these days, isn't it. When I lived on Brixton W Lane and the Congos and Heptones were playing there in successive weeks, at the end of my road, felt v surreal....

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
It is odd, I used to love the Canning, sketchy as it was (it usually felt like the last bar open at Glastonbury on a Monday morning) but nobody's ever really made live music work there. Hootananny seemed like a dreadful idea at first - a Scotch themed bar serving Thai food - but now they've abandoned that, it really is putting on some amazing stuff... and now El Panzon, who make the best burritos in London, are back, it might become my local again :)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
never knew it as the canning, but loved the sketchiness of the hobgoblin. but the new place has its own charms - being the least Scottish Scottish pub in history is a wonderful theme.

Ah, el Panzon have abandoned the Dogstar (actually, they did that a while back, possibly?)? They are complete sluts, those people ;)

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
well they started at the Hob, moved to the Dogstar, fucked off from there - allegedly to Camden, although that never seemed to happen, and now they're back. Sluttish is good if it brings their stodgy, spicy goodness nearer to my door :)