zhao

there are no accidents
Berliners official world-cup kick off
kwaito and township house
ear on south africa, zulu bass special

june 11th
dj zhao & dj matatu
at the nice likkle klub in mauerpark you know which one
watch the game on big screen, urban africa fire after!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I did factor this in. S African winter is not much different from Spanish. They'll be fine. Only Brazil have ever won outside their continent, but, like the Spain Always Underachive meme that got ducked two years ago, that one's had it's day too

More than the temperature, it seems that altitude will be the factor that may kill some of the European teams, judging from reports after y'day's games (Spain have two group games at altitude, for example). Not sure though which of the countries that have qualified will have signifficant experience of playing at altitude - Mexico, SA and....?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
another premier league casualty - this i becoming a little ridiculous. have players in other leagues dropped out with such alacrity?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
bet he feels worse for trying to do an overhead kick in training, so close to kick-off. what a...twat.

god, can't wait for this to start now. i have high hopes of a tournament as entertaining as germany 06, which was pretty good all told. what price usa to beat england - i can really see it happening, as the usa get consistently underrated (ok, their performance in 2006 wasn't great, but in 2002 they could easily have reached the final, bar a lucky German victory). And that defeat of Spain is significant as regards big match temperament/lack of respect for reputation.

crackerjack

another premier league casualty - this i becoming a little ridiculous. have players in other leagues dropped out with such alacrity?

Well Pirlo is a major doubt.

Tbf, most of us would be pushed to have heard of Nani if he wasn't playing in the Prem - he's hardly big time.

luka

that was ridicuous but it was so good it almost garuntees spain wont win it. god punishes those who fly too close to the sun/

Last edited:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I've had to do a fantasy league team, so I am now an expert on football and will now have lots of insightful things to add to this thread.

After this post, obv.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
that was ridicuous but it was so good it almost garuntees spain wont win it. god punishes those who fly too close to the sun/

exactly. they're out in the quarters now, just like argentina last time.

what of course would be unbearably funny is if Brazil finsihed second in their group and we got a Brazil v Spain second rounder. Spain probably play Portugal/Ivory coast and then Italy anyways - they have a very difficult passage thru the tournament.

Last edited: