House 2011

PadaEtc

Emperor Penguin
Surprised Theo is only at 69 - although I am a bit of a fanboy!

Surprised Floating Points wasn't in the list at all either.

I think the Hot Creations stuff is incredibly standard - although I haven't payed too much attention to it.

I always take RAs opinion with a massive lump of salt although I did enjoy that they gave Far Nearer 1.5/5 considering I thought they'd be in love with that!

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Hawtin, Villalobos, Luciano, Digweed, Sven Vath and Sasha could all retire and they'd still make it in the top 20.

It's Digweed's professionalism, consistency and dedication that keeps him booked every weekend in clubs around the world."

Honestly, I thought this kind of DJ dullardry died out with the 90s superclub. If I wanted the attributes of an accountant, I'd go see one.

Leo

It's Digweed's professionalism [unlike zomby, he actually shows up], consistency [he plays the same records all the time] and dedication [?] that keeps him booked every weekend in clubs around the world."

also, this!

Judge Jules said: "I’ve had an incredible time over the last 14 years at Radio 1. I’m going to continue DJ’ing and I’m having a bit of a career change - I’m off to become an Entertainment Lawyer at Sheridans."

Last edited:

sgn

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1252

btw, re: crosstown rebels, i tend to agree but really like the art department album.

Cheers, but that didn't work either. For some reason I keep getting a 404 - Page Not Found everytime I click on either RA list. Did any of the "post dubstep" guys other than Ben UFO make the list?

Anyway, I'm more interested in their albums list so hopefully this will be sorted by then.

Re: Art Department - I heard the album once and despised it...I think if you can't stand the vocals (which I could not), there's really very little chance of enjoying, or even tolerating, their music.

sgn

This is pretty great:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Edit: Sectionfive - No surprises then. Thanks.

trilliam

waiting on their labels/comps/tunes lists..

i enjoyed the art department album, theyre one of the better exponents of the crosstown rebels sound as it were.

feeling this one atm

PadaEtc

Emperor Penguin
Few new things from the Detroit/Omar S/Kai Alce/Big Strick camp

Abacus Presents - iDrum This Djembe / Welcome to the Party
Slick afro/sax house never reaches it's potential imo but very good. long samples here:
http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/asp/view_product.asp?id=26400

Big Strick with more simple and very effective detroit house trax - think this is new?
http://www.fitdetroit.com/info.php?rec_id=419

New Omar S this time in collaboration with OB IGNITT, wicked as always:
http://www.fitdetroit.com/info.php?rec_id=420

PhilBrown

It's Digweed's professionalism, consistency and dedication that keeps him booked every weekend in clubs around the world."

Honestly, I thought this kind of DJ dullardry died out with the 90s superclub. If I wanted the attributes of an accountant, I'd go see one.

I don't see the need to hold a "more underground than thou" grudge against the guy - nothing wrong with being a professional AND playing belters...

Leo

just picked up maurice fulton's latest cd as boof called "shhh, dandelions at play", so cool. like a live band playing proggy house (as opposed to "progressive house"), lots of jamming set to a typical off-kilter fulton vibe, like if theo parrish had a funk band. never heard any of his boof stuff before (this is his 3rd boof album), nice treat to end to year!

sgn

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Last edited:

e/y

Last edited:

sgn

The Skudge remix isn't bad either and it doesn't hurt that the video is pretty funny: