Jackin' / Electroline

datwun

Been out of the loop all week! Looks like lots of good stuff's being posted tho, will have to do a catchup soon.

BTW... This is happening:
426138_10152564250405065_1499189545_n.jpg

Any1 up for a road trip??

huffafc

Mumler
been an appreciative lurker on this thread for a while now. thanks to everyone for many many great tips.

also, feelin the bassline on this hannah wants track that just popped up:
&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

NATO

Datwun: our kid makes it big! That is great news and I'm super excited for you about that. Only wish I was in the UK to come and support. Nevermind, Mr Faucet and I are in the process of starting something in Shanghai where I intend to bring Jackin' to the masses :)slanted:) here.

continuum

smugpolice
Quick run down of what happened at 2:31 on Sunday morning:

Got into brum about 11:30pm Saturday night and after a quick taxi drive from the train station to The Rainbow went into a pub next door to wait for Datwun and crew. Not long after got a text to meet them in a club night called 'Face' which I think turns out was in the same place as The Rainbow? The reason I'm not really sure is because not long after that I accidently did 5 peoples worth of mandy in one go. Was passed a bag and thinking it was my share opened it and necked the lot. Turns out it was everyones and not long after this I was COMPLETELY fucked!!! Briefly remember seeing Datwun and Jambie on stage but unfortunately cannot remember anymore than that of their set. At some point I was outside for ages pleading with the bouncer to let me back in. He eventually relented after I gave him a tenner. I do remember more of Alex Parkin's set (the last of the night). I was right down the front going apeshit - the music throughout the night that I can remember was absolutely top notch. Towards the end a couple of lads came up to me and told me to turn around at which point there was an amazing view of the whole club going absolutely crazy. Literally everyone was dancing their tits off (the dancefloor sloped up towards the back so you could see everyone). I remember saying to them that it was amazing how into the music everybody was. As the lights went on at the end I started shouting "one more tune". A few moments later a group of lads to my right also started chanting the same thing and then the rest of the club followed. After leaving I said goodbye to Datwun, Jambie and co and headed home. There was quite a bit of waiting around for trains and buses and it wasn't till several hours later in the toilet in Subways MK train station that I saw how fucking mental I looked. My pupils were blacker than black and bottom lip completely purple. It was then that I worked out why people were giving me a bit of a wide berth over the course of the evening and next day. The result of doing so much mandy wasn't really that bad though. I was very high and continued to be so till 10pm on Sunday evening. Thankfully after then it wore off. Have been to work and a funeral today and feel fine! Seriously recommend you check out 2:31 or any top Jackin' rave. One of the best nights I have ever been too and about as near as I imagine a Hacienda type of vibe to be.

NATO

5 people's worth of Mandy and a Funeral, now that's a Hugh Grant film I could go and see.

Pure soldier, Continuum.

Last edited:

datwun

The reason I'm not really sure is because not long after that I accidently did 5 peoples worth of mandy in one go. Was passed a bag and thinking it was my share opened it and necked the lot.

:mad: :eek: <- my face at this moment...

you must have been popular with the other 4 people........

Haha, we did figure that the two issues of Continuum going AWOL and us lacking drugs may have been solved together with a more equal distribution mechanism >___> But it was fine actually, we made sure our guy had a bit of money in his pockets and the means to get back home if he needed to and though he wasn't let in to 2:31 at first, through sheer perseverance he made it!

We were all fine actually, we'd all had a likkle bit before 'the incident', and there was a little bit left afterwards, so we were all in grand spirits, if not just a little bit tired by the very end of the night.

It was a hell of a sesh.

Anyway!

Thoughts on DJing: Me and Jambie were pretty much scared shittless #lol. The night I'm resident at at Cambridge probably actually gets similar figures to 2:31 on a normal weekend (as opposed to their big events with Rinse, New Years etc.) ~650. But the difference between playing to a crowd where you know half the people there (small student scene) and where you know exactly what kind of music goes off, where you know exactly what the vibez will be like at 12 o'clock compared to 3 o'clock etc. - and one in a foreign city where you're an outsider to their culture is like chalk and cheese.

Jambie played the big euphoric tunes which got the crowds VERY excited - the Florence and the Machine 'Say My Name' cover went OFF!!! - whereas I went for more bubbling, garagey numbers, which seemed to get less of a crowd reaction. But when we got off the stage loads of people came up to us to congratulate us on the set, and it turned out people had been really feeling some of the tracks I ran - Big Bird - Flav, Doin Time - James Oliver - lots of 'you guys really appriciate the history, most people just get up there and bang out the latest bangerz' etc. And when you were on the floor you realised that with a GIANT BOOMBACLART SOUNDSYSTEM like the one they've got at 2:31, you don't necessarily need to be jumping about like mad to be having a great time, especially at 4 in the morning when vibez are high but energy's flagging, and actually the other DJs didn't get many explosive crowd reactions either, even though everyone seems to be having a ball throughout.

So yeah, slightly out of my comfort zone, but was incredibly fun and satisfying. Next time I'd be sure to pack plenty of euphoria.

One thing which really struck out is how FUCKING GREAT 'You Want Me' still sounds. We erred on the side of caution and didn't play it, thinking it a bit played out, but both the DJs before and after us did and it absolutely exploded. Hearing it on a proper, giant soundsystem I literally don't think it could ever get old. As soon as the bass comes in everyones down of the floor, jumping around, it just makes everyone happy.

It's actually just right up there with Midnight Request Line, I think in hindsight people will see it as one of the great all time UK rave tunes.

Continuum's totally on the mark with the Hacienda comment - 2:31 today is like DMZ '06, FWD '04 , Sidewinder '01 , AWOL '94 or any other pivotal club night at it's peak. What's interesting is that people don't even really talk about jackin house - although everyone loves it and sings along to all the tunes, knows all about Lorenzo, the history etc. - people talk about The Rainbow club and 2:31, because it's that scene, those people that really make it.

I'm gutted to be going to Japan now as it feels like everything's in motion and it's just rising higher and higher. Fingers crossed it will still be going when I come back in two years, though there aren't many scenes which stay good for that long...

datwun

You might need to be friends with Tom Zanetti on facebook, or like the SiC fanpage, but if you're not already then you should be because TZ's a badman