Jackin' / Electroline

said

cheers for that datwun. interesting stuff!

enjoying this from the excellently named draig cavid:

incidentally they appear to be from essex. who's the biggest southern jackin producer at the moment? are there (m)any of note?

Blackdown

nexKeysound
What I think's interesting about the Lorenzo phenomena is that it really proves what a lot of people say about dance music today wrong. People say that with Logic and that, anyone can make really high quality sounding tracks, but it's not true.

One nuance, which reinforces your point: software (Logic et al) have lowered the *barrier to entry* to music production but not really changed how hard it is to be a talented musician or a good sound engineer. Hence lots of hard-limited ("Oi M8 do you even compress?") & cheap sounding tracks about, esp in the beginning of musicians careers.

continuum

smugpolice
I like a lot of those cheap sounding tracks. Don't really like expensive sounding music. Personally prefer a more Punk aesthetic. Guess it depends on what your definition of 'good' or 'talented' is. Purity is more important to me than career success.

datwun

"In the process of signing that to a big big label lad" - Nick Hannam on You Want Me. You heard it hear first.

datwun

New mix!!!! First one in f$$king ages lol.

Jackin, a couple of shuffle/deep-tech bits, some old 4x4 garage danger.

Quite happy with it, but it's all one take so don't watch some of them clangers!

said

thats not really a jackin tune though is it, more some uk funky mutant thing

if u are talking about the draig cavid tune wise, i'm not sure i agree... it's got a pretty straight and snappy hi hat snare - where's the syncopated snare? i do see what you mean though.

going by their soundcloud the producers clearly think it's jackin also. interesting that it should come from the south and look a bit like funky though.

continuum

smugpolice
baboon2004 and I made it to Face and 2:31 on Saturday night. It was mental! I'll report back when I've had a few more days to think about it / recover :)

continuum

smugpolice
Status update from Tom Shorterz Facebook on Thursday:

"It's been 1 hell of a roller coaster ride this music malarky. From dropping Disco Biscuits in my fake Prada tracksuit to warpers then sticking at it putting on my own partys with 1000s of people. Then best news yet 02:31 will be at FABRIC (London) this autumn . The Birmingham/ Midlands after-party making some big moves thanks to you ALL for your support, MORE INFO SOON COME"

datwun

header.jpg

Big tunes send out their first mailer today!!!! I feel the hand of history on my shoulder etc.

continuum

smugpolice
Big new tune alert. No 100% confirmation on name or artist but it's believed to be Lorenzo's new one. Features Dee & Foots.

wise

bare BARE BONES
header.jpg

Big tunes send out their first mailer today!!!! I feel the hand of history on my shoulder etc.

shame the quality has plummeted, I haven't bought a tune from there for weeks, used to buy 8 or more a week.
Not many Lorenzo tunes these days either