Hip-Hop 2012

luka

ive been listening to the young thug tape today. david drake has been spruiking it. i get most of my tips from him. hes defineitly replaced noz as the kingpin of rapp bloggers. ive mostly just pared my rap blog browsing to him and dirtyglovebastard.

DannyL

Wild Horses
ive been listening to the young thug tape today. david drake has been spruiking it. i get most of my tips from him. hes defineitly replaced noz as the kingpin of rapp bloggers. ive mostly just pared my rap blog browsing to him and dirtyglovebastard.

I really like Strictly Bloggin' 'cos he goes for the weirder productions, where things feel like they ain't really rap anymore. BUT I downloaded a bunch of stuff last w/e and haven't listened to it yet, 'cos I've been busy making myself deaf with the Gucci tape.

Haven't even touched that Gucci tape yet, hung up on the Spaceghostpurrp

Can I get a link to that Young Thug too/ I'm too lazy this morning to bother looking for it

CrowleyHead

I wish I could explain to the dude who arranged this how bad an idea it was...

But I can't talk, because I may have helped in a Kuedo/MAz collab. *hides* I THOUGHT THEY'D JUST DO A REMIX!

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
fully agree that harry fraud is at least 80% of the greatness of bird on a wire but I like both of the rappers too. I have pretty much the same beard as bronson (tho on a much less round face), plus I will never get sick of ghostface, even a white one from queens. riff raff has charisma + is reasonably competent at rapping, plus things like references to semi-obscure 90s NBA players are right up my alley. the obvious comparison to me is yelawolf, who I also like, but maybe people who follow modern rap more closely would disagree.

can anyone recommend more harry fraud work? I gather that he works with french montana a lot.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

maxb.gif

luka

i actualy dont know if this is harry fraud but i liked this last year. theres a few nice bits on this mixtape.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Main Attraktionz just aren't very good rappers.

Church is good but they're just a bit dull

I disagree, but it depends on what you're looking for I guess. If it's lyrical pyrotechnics then they ain't it. The production is so strong I can live without this, I reckon. I think of their rapping as more like a texture alongside the music in a lot of their tracks anyway.

Re: the Gucci tape. Two things 1) Mike Will goes from strength to strength, his beats are inredible (incredible, even) - or maybe that should be his absence of beats? He has a real way of holding back the drums dropping which creates amazing tension - North Pole is a perfect example. 2) I've never noticed it quite so much before, but Gucci flips his speed, delivery, accent and vocal stylings differently on every track, if not verse. He's absolutely on fire. Gucci loafers no shoestrings, every word mean two things.

Last edited:

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I disagree, but it depends on what you're looking for I guess. If it's lyrical pyrotechnics then they ain't it. The production is so strong I can live without this, I reckon. I think of their rapping as more like a texture alongside the music in a lot of their tracks anyway.

Re: the Gucci tape. Two things 1) Mike Will goes from strength to strength, his beats are inredible - or maybe that should be his absence of beats? He has a real way of holding back the drums dropping which creates amazing tension - North Pole is a perfect example. 2) I've never noticed it quite so much before, but Gucci flips his speed, delivery, accent and vocal stylings differently on every track, if not verse. He's absolutely on fire.

My mother tongue ain't English so I have more difficulties understanding lyrics anyway. So in a lot of cases I value the lyrics more as an instrument, or as being purely aesthetic, form over substance. However you want to put it. And from this viewpoint I agree completely with you. MA have a way of creating this hazy atmosphere with their voices.

outraygeous

I know its not 2012 rap but just picked up

Fallacy - Blackmarket Boy

41TXHDE70BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This tune used to run riot in my garage days

Listening to the likes of Pro Green and Example its funny how they are accepted now and this really didnt do much.

You can pick it up on Amazon for 3 shots.