Name this tune for me...

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm listening through that link Bruno - so far nothing like it. Different sound-palette, different beats, just a different aesthetic. Good music though.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Sometimes its better NOT to have a tune ID'd. Not in your case specifically but I can think of a lot of tunes which I liked a whole lot better before I knew what they were and/or owned them.

I miss the mystery. That's one of the worst things about getting really into music.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I hear what you're saying. And I'm definitely enjoying trying to track this one down - perhaps more so because I'm beginning to suspect I'll never find out. And I do kind of like it when ebay sellers list records as a cover-up because it feels as though they are challenging you to work out what it is and get it elsewhere (although I never buy cover-ups because I'm suspicious that it will be a Simple Minds b-side or something).
But normally by the time you do figure something out there is something else to chase after and the game continues...
Hmm, now I say it, maybe this one is Simple Minds if they've decided to revisit their Theme For Great Cities era

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've got a few bits on Viewlexx but they're more towards Italo than the sound I'm looking for I think. It's not that one either although that's closer... but too slow.
I'd kick myself if it was La Dusseldorf but I know that tune.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Do you mean this?

It's not but that's a good version isn't it? Seems too similar to the original at first but then goes off on one a bit. I don't know this guy, gonna check his other stuff, he could have done the track I guess.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've got a feeling that I will never find this out. But I promise that if I ever do, be it ten years hence, I will come back and post it here.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Craig Leon"
Another nice tune but still not it I'm afraid.
But all educated guesses miuch appreciated - picking up a lot of good tunes in this thread even if I'm not going to get the right one.
Thanks all in fact.