hucks

Your Message Here
i've just listened to the lockdown mix he did. and his style is sounding better than ever for me really. those strings on archangel are quite spectacular. the bits at the start and end where he just lets the sound of cars going past be the music. are self-parody though
Where can I find this mix?

he put out a new EP. if you care. b side is Miami Freestyle/Girlfriend Electro
I’m into parts of the second one. The atonal frenzied 80s freestyle stuff is oddly moving. Half the time I’m frustrated by his arrangement and the other time I love the surprise and playfulness of it, he holds on to a pleasing naivete to coin a phrase and it doesn’t feel conceited, he actually can’t do or doesn’t want to do …the perfectly executed club banger or pop or ambient ballad, you can tell that by the jarring stuff and madness stapled on at the end of the ten minute sketches, some of which I hate

And that’s also like a hardcore tune, sometimes wanting to hear literally anything else, feeling like the tune is bombarding you with a clash of information and then releases from that. The best thing about a lot of dance music is when it stops and takes a breath, stupid cunts forcing cliche and formula down your throat all night

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I’m into parts of the second one. The atonal frenzied 80s freestyle stuff is oddly moving. Half the time I’m frustrated by his arrangement and the other time I love the surprise and playfulness of it, he holds on to a pleasing naivete to coin a phrase and it doesn’t feel conceited, he actually can’t do or doesn’t want to do …the perfectly executed club banger or pop or ambient ballad, you can tell that by the jarring stuff and madness stapled on at the end of the ten minute sketches, some of which I hate

mate his new stuff is like hauntological edge of darkness/Dave Charlesworth/afterdark recordings stuff lmao. Instead of just imitation is the best form of flattery he's still on this I want to be an artist morressey's rotten socks wank.

mate his new stuff is like hauntological edge of darkness/Dave Charlesworth/afterdark recordings stuff lmao. Instead of just imitation is the best form of flattery he's still on this I want to be an artist morressey's rotten socks wank.

That first one is incredible

version

Had a listen to the new one earlier and agree the B-side's easily the better of the two. That being said, I wasn't really taken with either side and the way he's stacking samples from classics and even sampling bits of his own tunes feels a bit half arsed and unimaginative. Heard at least one callback to something off Untrue and it struck me as the kind of superficial 'Easter egg' YouTube essayists get excited about in a lot of media these days.