Dizzee Rascal - Flex (DJ Q remix)
Burgaboy ft. Teresa - You lied
Ear Dis - Hey Girl (T2 remix)

No Dexplicit?

Ory

warp drive
re: bassline

dj q ft. lenky - dc gang

or was that 2010 too? tbh 2009-2011 is all a big blur to me. not enough definitive moments.

Benny Bunter

re: bassline

dj q ft. lenky - dc gang

or was that 2010 too? tbh 2009-2011 is all a big blur to me. not enough definitive moments.

deffo 2009. What a tune! Love ragga chat over bassline.

I think if one bassline tune's gonna make it into my final list it would be Candy Shop - the tune that revived my interest in bassline once again (and forever). A definitive moment for me at least. We simply have to include 2010 if we do this thing don't we?

rubberdingyrapids

not seen bongo eyes on any lists - i would nominate all 3 parts personally. i loved things like that - a particular track getting modified over and over and each part being released one after the other. like a little saga. there should be a greatest grime refixes/remixes list (bongo eyes, i luv pulse x, quite a few of the later mixes of pulse x were better than the original imo)

Benny Bunter

I was kinda hoping Luka, Slackk, Blackdown, Ach, Elijah, Spooky, Silverdollar, Sick Boy etc were gonna come with some grime lists, ie: people who were actually listening to grime when it was at its peak.

fhuckface

Since it’s being asked for above I think I’ll provide a short list of some memorable grime instro’s when it was banging

Also I’m gonna group the 4X4/2 steppy stuff that was in the transition period in with it, job lot.

GRIME

Alias – Heat / Warriors / Warriors VIP
(As an alias of Alias) Studio Gangsters – Step Off
Davince – Last Night / Eyes On You
Danny Weed – Creeper
Macabre Unit – System / Lift Off / Lift Off VIP / Everyday Life
Wizzbit – Jam Hot / Jam Hot 2 / Jam Nite / Old School
Fyrus – Jaws / Operatic / War Riddem
Wonder – 8th wonder of the world / What
Wiley – Countless titles, but the ones that stand out are Dragon stout / Morgue / Eskimo 3 / Ice Rink
Imp Batch – Fusion (or whatever the instrumental was to crazy t’s singalong)
DJ Marsta – Gridlocked / Fibre / Gridlocked VIP / Straight Instrumental / Grover (this and the flip are some of the best grime instrumentals ever)
Eastwood – U Aint Ready / Champion VIP
Sticky – Paccman / (there was a white label remix of this not on discogs I have too)
Virgo – Monster
Dizzee Rascall (although I heard a fable that these early tunes were made by Wiley, for dizzee to release, to gain awareness around his name) – Hoe / Go / Strings
Unknown – It’s okay to creep
Hinzy D/Bionix (later found out bionix hadn’t made this and had catted the tune from Hinzy, quite a par as bionix got a feature in RWD around the time the tune dropped) – Target / Target VIP
Plasticman – Shockwave / Lift Off
Bossman – Bongo Eyes Reverse / Bongo Eyes / Bongo Eyes VIP
Statik – The Charge
J Sweet – Gutter / Gutter (Alias 4X4 Remix) / Kerb
Jammer – F. Hydrant / Platoon / Destruction / Rewind (Think this is what it’s called, it’s the one that had on the flip the Dizzee & Durtty Goods vocal ‘Stretch’ doogzy make em stretch, girls make em stretch, paper make it stretch etc...)
Shotz – Creep / Hollow
Terror Danjah – Basically everything on After Shock, love his stuff, including all the R&G edits.

Think that’s me done for now as I really should be working, but couldn’t resist making this list.

fhuckface

also:

Rebound X - Rhythm & Gash
wizzbit - asterdoids / aquarius
Centurions - Aeries
macabre unit - dem no ready / its all about / take time
davince - buzz lighyear / Madness
big$hot - stomp / license to stomp / glitch (can probably be cross reff'd in 4x4/bassline too)
2 Good To Be True – U Ain't Ready (Remastered) (basically a variation of Eastwood's U Aint Ready, easily the best version, this or the clash version, one released on black magic, the other released on southside)
DJ Oddz - Strung Up / VIP / Breakbeat / Gangster (Love this one) / Bump Dis (check the grooves in the record - YOUR BARRED & BIG UP RINSE FM)
DJ Wire - Believe Me / Last Chance (X-Ref with Bingo Beats style stuff, zinc etc..)
Musical Mob Royale - Salsa (and the remixes) / Pulse Y / Pulse XYZ / Pulse X / Full Moon
DJ Charmzy - Concentration / How we get down an R / R-Ha / (VIP) / Rollercoaster
DJ Dread D (now T-Williams) - Invasion / Invasion VIP
Jon E Cash - Kettle / Kettle VIP / Spanish Fly / Hoods UP / Horns (on the flip of the re-issue of Invasion by dread D) / Spanish (Original to the fly version, the better one of the two)
Wiley (cont...) - Igloo / Pulse Eskimo / I will not lose (the remix on the flip of snowcat is seeeeeeerious) / They should know / avenger
Outlaw Breaks (TNT) (An alias for Target & somebody else) - Nissi / Unique / Transmission
Bionix vs Diesel (whether or not he did make this tune is unknown for me, probably was Diesel on his own though judging by bionix track record....anyway, if, like me, you wondered what that tune was Titch was spitting over just before he beefs with Dizzee, look no further) - Electro (the first tune in this vid, it's diff version that got rlsd to the one that's in conflict though - i think?!)

going to go through my actual grime record box now and see if there is any more essentials i've missed

Last edited:

fhuckface

oh and i'm an oldschool grime geek btw incase u hadn't guessed, but someone PLEASE id the first tune in this vid
couldn't get the name at the time and it still eludes me....anyone help? edit, spooky?

edit* and also at the risk of this becoming a grime id thread, can someone confirm im not going mad. Back in those days I went to RD & bought a single sided press of bubbles from roll deep's 'Do It' (i distinctly remember the vocal sample from the tune) however when my records were stolen from a youth club a few years later i lost it, but i can't find it on discogs or on the internet anywhere, long shot but can anyone help? im sure i bought it, i can remember being pissed off at the single side 12" but i bought everything that was released back then, espec from the E3 lot

Last edited:

atoga

oh and i'm an oldschool grime geek btw incase u hadn't guessed, but someone PLEASE id the first tune in this vid
couldn't get the name at the time and it still eludes me....anyone help? edit, spooky?
it's a Lady B Line, don't know the name... just a Slimzee dubplate though.

tomfun

I noticed your Broken Beat selections were a bit sparse, i played a shit tonne of that back in the late 90s/early 00s alongside the more soulful 2 step stuff.

Afronaught - Transcend Me (Anthem ay co op)
BB Boogie - Tell Him (Same as above)
Seiji - Loose Lips (As above)
Mark Force - Gypo
Tubby T - Ready She Ready (Seiji Mix)
Cousin Cockroach - This Ain't Tom & Jerry
Jazztronik - Samurai
Dom Um Romao - Lake Of Perseverance (Seiji Mix)
Lekan Babalola - Aso Kere (IG Culture Mix)
Nepa Allstars - The Way
Rima - Forward
Nutmeg - Bicycle Kick
Sunship - Almighty Father (Solid Groove Mix)
Domu - Worldwide (Solid Groove Mix)
Son Of Scientist - Theory Beats (Mixed over slightly older nu jazz records)
Patterns Included - Boogie Bwoy Skank (Brock Bass Mix)
Ty - Wait A Minute
Zumen - Rolexxx
Vikter Duplaix - Looking For Love (Bugz In The Attic Mix)
Charlie Keltner Project - Airto (Modaji Mix)
Izzi Dunn - Betcha Did
Mark De Clive Lowe - Move On Up (Dub)

This is just the ones i remember off the top of my head, i am sure i have missed a bunch of IG Culture, Landslide, Bugz In The Attic, Modaji, Nathan Haines records and many other classics.

Broken Beat was never really considered part of the Nuum theory you guys espouse on here,was it?