continuum

smugpolice
scottie d (aka L&A music) hopefully getting his shit together after years of wicked tunes with next to no releases.

East End Dubs - Hoxton (ORIGINAL MIX)
Hanfry Martinez, Terence,Terry - Sunday Gathering _ (Dyed-Soundorom Remix)
LNAmusic - LNA _ Smoove Grooves (Orignal mix)
Take Me Away feat. Anton Romero feat. Storm (No Artificial Colours Dub)
LNAmusic - Atomsphere (Orignal Mix)
Dj Seanyb,Dj Random - Dark Shadow
Luke Larrel - Secrets (Original Mix)DT
LNAmusic - BrainDeep (Original Mix)
S.E.F - Dance the Night Away Mix
LNAMUSIC - SO GOOD (Original Mix )
Dj Tazer - Wet Dollars
Carnao Beats - Know my name (Amie Edge &Dance Edit)
LNAmusic - REALTIME (Original Mix )
LNAmusic - FINALLY (Original MIX)
Riaz Dhanani - Dark Forest
TOM ZENETTI - Darlin
Lee B3 Edwards - Renegade (Orignal mix)
Paolo Rocco - Move Body, Move Forward (Original Mix)

Not sure the above tracklisting is 100% accurate but is the following tune LNAmusic - Atomsphere (Orignal Mix)?

wise

bare BARE BONES
I guess this is always the process for me when I encounter a new genre (apart from the rare ones I INSTANTLY love) - I see them in terms of what they DON'T do, but once I get used to them I start to enjoy what they DO do.

:D
in a nutshell

Try listening to early Warp or other Bleep & Bass tunes

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

Well funnily enough I do hear some echoes of Sheffield Bleeps, the Martin Ikin tune being the most obvious example. But I'm ambivalent over how important that kind of stuff was to the (lets be more accurate) London Pirate Continuum (excepting the Reggae shows which probably were more numerous) when compared to Jungle, Garage, Rinse, etc. Seems a grey area.

Funnily enough Oris Jay was quoted ten years ago that he'd like to do a proper Warp Records type tune, though I think the most he came up with was a belated Breakstep remix of LFO or Nightmares on Wax's 'Aftermath'- this being in the era when dubstep was close to being on it's last legs so it'll probably remain a lost dub forever. But when you think about his new RS4 alias and his Sheffield roots it starts to make more sense. Loving the messing about with the Little Man vocals where it changes from female vox to a male one.

Eye opening tunes for me at the moment are Bringing 88 back which could well find it's way into Pete Tong's tune of the week if that was the level of exposure they craved. Secondly Arun Verone's mix of Lance's Backbone is intense

Benny Bunter

Not sure the above tracklisting is 100% accurate but is the following tune LNAmusic - Atomsphere (Orignal Mix)?

yeah its on the forthcoming ´braindeep ep´on his own label accvording to this interview (he plays it near the end). Regarding owen´s comments sbout the nuum above, Scottie D´s another one from this scene who started out making grime before going off into house. He´s also made tunes with nicky slimting, another old jungle/grime vet you may be familiar with.

Last edited:

datwun

REEAALLY feeling the new Area 8 bits.

Turns out it's all made on fruity loops?? Truly strange times we're living in

datwun

And very topically...
-

"Fuck drum and bass there's too much flute and bagpipes in it , and it's too slow and the vocals used are always on about being a chef , so therefore all drum n bass is shit"

"Oh shit that's complete bollocks innit ?! Sorry everyone ... I was under the impression that hating a whole genre based on absolute bollocks is the way we did stuff ..... For example - I hate house cos it's depressing , or I hate happy hardcore it's too slow&morbid .... Cos it's now massive and everyone's heard a bit of tech/deep house now , everyone seems to think all house is this trendy radio 1 drivetime bizniss or the repetitive deep stuff with 20min build ups into nothingness , When in actual facts it's the building blocks of most electronic music and provides sum next level pleasant vibes , ppl who r closed minded to this r missin out the vibes , but people on a proper anti-house thing need to shut up even if they Dnt like it cos house music was one of first things to come thru from disco in the very start of "dance music" and if u don't respect/ or even realise that then get to know , house is like our ancestors and u wudnt diss ur grandmother even if she does do things a bit different to u ."

-

Off me nut going in on facebook!

wise

bare BARE BONES
I know Low Steppa's productions don't gel well with this scene but his DJing seems to have more in common with it than you would think.

If like me you listen to the stuff on this thread and wonder 'when's this tune going to drop' or 'this evolves from the nuum how?'- then that set might make more sense to you.

this belongs in the House & Bass thread I think

denoir

This RS4 mix promo mix is too much (might have been posted already)
recommended listening for nuum-ists as well, features remixes of Little Man (VIP version), Biggin Up The Massive, Mr. Kirk's Nightmare...;)

wise

bare BARE BONES
freebie

LFO remix
spooky!
must have had a premonition or something....

Last edited:

denoir

^^ vybes! feeling that tune with Soul II Soul acapella

AV remixes Memories...slightly lazy remix but still does the job

NATO

this set might help you to see

proper pirate radio styles

Just started listening to this, it's sick. It's the equivalent of the Petchy shows during Funky (with out so much MCing). On the D/L and looking forward to going to the gym later >

wise

bare BARE BONES
that B3 mix is really good too, interesting to see the connections with Funky more clearly I think