continuum

smugpolice
Want to do a proper round up of the Deep Tech House tracks and related shuffling videos in the next few days but had to post the following tune immediately as it is too good:

Saffire D'Soul - Calling For You (Dumplin 909 Vocal Remix)

Think Dumplin is a Northern producer. Seen a few ex-Bassline people who haven't jumped on Jackin' putting Deep Tech House tunes up on their Soundclouds recently.

NATO

This stuff is cracking me up a bit. Some of the dancing is real nerdy, on a proper Carlton Banks type flex, and I find it funny that it's attracting the goons/road guys who probably would've been reluctant to dance but a coupla years ago. A great example of going from one extreme to the other.

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
This stuff is cracking me up a bit. Some of the dancing is real nerdy, on a proper Carlton Banks type flex, and I find it funny that it's attracting the goons/road guys who probably would've been reluctant to dance but a coupla years ago. A great example of going from one extreme to the other.

Agree that some of the dancing is lame but others are really good. The level of fit girls at these events has to be a drawing factor for goons/road guys imo. Probably had enough of going to (virtually) all male Grime / Road Rap events. May also be something to do with MDMA (molly) being popular with House girls. Makes the girls freaky and you can also make money from selling it.

this Asharae chick is hot >

NKC

just noticed that Formula has well n truly jumped ship from funky/bass to "deep/tech" house, hadn't realised that before.
i do like his remix of aphrodite, heard mark radford drop it on rinse

trilliam

carnao beats tune "h-o-u-s-e" is getting the push from everyone, coming out on audio rehab, i'm not too big a fan it's more acidy than techy or deep.

but seeing as he is one of those ex-funky (more like caught in funkys decline) guys its worth mentioning no

continuum

smugpolice
Few more tunes been feeling recently:

First ones are from a (I think) J Da Buddah mix called 'Fuck Off On Burnt Toast' from Soundcloud that I can no longer find:
Della Zouch - Lack Of Love
Hector Couto - Rare Love (Josh Butler Remix)
Fabo feat. Lostcause - Come On Girl (Tea Lyrics Remix)

Next is a really good Playtime Productions tune showcasing what producers are doing themselves with the new sound (as appose to playing Euro Deep Tech House records from elsewhere):
Playtime Productions - Sicker Than Your Average

Some classics that have not been posted yet:
Infinity Ink - Infinity
Hot Natured feat. Ali Love - Benediction
Hot Natured feat. Ali Love - Forward Motion

Couple of massive Dusky tunes (why the hate on Dusky?):
Dusky - Flo Jam
Justin Martin - Don't Go (Dusky Remix)

Finally, one recommended to me by Mr Figz:
Jan Driver - Gain Reaction (Original Mix)

jimitheexploder

Dusky can be good, they make some awful one note stuff between the good ones tho.

Flo Jam and Muriel are pretty much the only ones I've been really into.

It all only kinda works if you play it with slightly tougher stuff too, like when you heard it in older Swamp 81 shows or play it next to Mosca or Altered Natives or something then it works but when you hear it in house sets its really limp. Thats if you can mix it out before the breakdowns which can be pretty tedius after the first few spins.

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
Get what you are saying about it not sounding good unless played with harder stuff (when mixed with a lot of Post Dubstep wouldn't sound right i'm guessing). That Muriel tune you posted is really good though.

Leo

this thread still confuses me. i initially thought it was about a controversial new dance, but then the music discussion kind of lost me because mark radford's been playing this stuff for a while, and those hot natured tracks listed above (like many others on the hot creation label) were some of the most popular house tracks in the past few years, weren't they?

not dissing the tunes (i even own a few), just wondering what's the new angle here that makes it a current topic of discussion.

trilliam

to me ye this is more of a whats going to happen thing

the whole fascination with the dance is just the 'story', sensationalism or whatever

like its been said the house/techno thread is more of the experimental stuff where as the djs r playing whats popular now and whatever they're getting sent, which is a lot

it may not seem like anything is actually happening on the surface but i think to a lot of the ppl involved there's an end game

i keep up with the scene as it were by following djs on twitter as they're tlking bout the raves/tunes and listen to rinseFM, that said a lot of djs (lance morgan, two of us, playtime productions) r starting to get shows on like projectfm, image, hoxton, housefm

but to oversimplify this mark radford is basically essential listening

trilliam

more rambling..

there's clear differences between the dusky, huxley, fitzgerald, camp and say
majesty, radford, cotier, but there's still crossover

main difference being whilst everyones emulating to a degree, dusky and them guys r going more for the 90s sounding kerri chandler, nu-groove house n garage sound

and the ex-funky/grime guys (pigeonhole) r aiming at the darker, techy stuff, sleazy basslines, evil synths, to me some of it sounds like elements of grime made danceable

but theres still crossover in both these directions

funk butcher pushed a lot of the early disclosure stuff, fitzgerald child was an anthem in the "urban dances" and with ppl like dusky, breach getting shows on rinse it can only stregthen the dialogue.

neway i think i sed enuff and if this comes off as stating the obvious or pretensions of know it all or nething apologies in advance ;)