2013 > 013 > 130

said

yo so no-one's posted this on dissensus yet i think, but jam city uploaded a load of old (09-11) bits from him (http://www.sendspace.com/file/0c3k62 & http://www.sendspace.com/file/mni6by) i hadnt thought about the old jam city in ages, but pretty remarkable to me how prescient it is w/ regards to the new 130 wave. (has this been pointed out before? i saw blackdown rt'd jam citys fact mix today.)

tangentially also noteworthy, tho probs not more than that, that reynolds commented on jam city's studiousness at the time [fact mix/interview was 09] in much the same way that people have been griping a bit about beneath et al.

in the park - huge percy

NKC

think this is relevant as this thread is on a throwback tip-
finding it a bit weird how much early dubstep is coming back, the new loefah one and now roska and pinch:

not a fan, this and the loefah one sound EXACTLY the same as the early stuff

rubberdingyrapids

a lot of this stuff i do like but i think it would slot in pretty easily into a set of old early dubstep. im thinking mainly of wen, visionist, beneath etc.

jorge

mix for Pinch's new label Cold Recording, sounding really nice, Ive listened twice already. Bit more of a techno-y angle than the keysound stuff, kind off like the Livity sound stuff which I also really like.

www.soundcloud.com/cold-recordings/pinch-mix-for-cold-recordings/s-Z2uvm

Perhaps its not the right thread to ask but has anyone got any recomendations for similar stuff to Livity Sound?

Does soundcloud embedding not work on here? cant work it out

Last edited:

jorge

Yeah I only saw it yesterday when rob booth posted it on facebook. Looking forward to seeing what coming out.

Cheers for the links, really feeling the hodge ones.

Another Bristol producer to watch out for is Ziro, this one is massive and ridiculously good on a system. Also on a techier tip which is how I like it, dunno if it quite fits the vibe of this thread but its good to keep things diverse. He hasn't got many tunes online but Ive been following his stuff for a few years now and hes got some serious skills, looking forward to seeing what else hes got coming

Blackdown

nexKeysound
not another "this is how we roll" but...

keysound allstars 2

A1 etch "scattah"
A2 walton "homage"
B1 visionist "from a place"
B2 fresh paul "sunblazed"

LDN037 12" and digital. out may 28th.

huffafc

Mumler
here are the two tracks on cold recordings first release:

hmm, my first reaction - 'shadows on the moon' has a plunging bass and syncopation that connects it to some of the same dark ukg/early dubstep roots as the keysnd crew, but the reverbed keys and vocals are a little slick/'big room techno'
and despite that staccato, screeching synth bit and taking a couple unexpected turns, 'baton rouge' also has this overlay of big somber pads that makes it really smooooth
and in both cases the connection with the dark, rugged, weirdness of the best keysnd becomes more tenuous...

not another "this is how we roll" but...

keysound allstars 2

A1 etch "scattah"
A2 walton "homage"
B1 visionist "from a place"
B2 fresh paul "sunblazed"

LDN037 12" and digital. out may 28th.

yes!

Last edited:

Vic Serotonin

Visionist killing it in the mix for DIS mag:

http://dismagazine.com/disco/mixes/44171/visionist-only-eye/

This review says it all really:

"This Visionist mix is the one. Really feels like he’s picked up where the Hyperdub compilation left off in 2009, when grime, dubstep and funky were all winding to each other, before the whole “UK Bass”/808 thing got real concrete.

This feels sharp and UK; synthy while still being grimy, house tempo but still rhythmically complex. Its rough and abrasive but there are beautiful edges, real fem pressure, running through it (that MssngNo Brandy remix!), and it really feels like he’s tying the different strands of the UK together in a way that hasn’t really happened for awhile. So much of what I’ve loved from the last few years turns up here. R’n’b diva mashups, 130bpm battle flex and edged out vocal clips battle OG grime bruk outs and b-line strikes. There’s no big room hype tunes, no trap, he’s just got a sound and he’s pushing things fwd."

Tracklist

Dentist – OHD#
Visionist – More Pain
Fatima Al Qadiri – Hip Hop Spa (Nguzunguzu Remix)
Zomby – Digital Fauna
Dot Rotten – Third Eye
MssingNo – Casoxy 2(5)
Visionist – P.W.O.A.W.
Mr Mitch – Nico
Acre – I Lost Everything
LOL Gulrz x 5kin And Bone5 – Love You
Fantastic Mr Fox – If I
?&? – Temptation
Zomby – Riding With Death
MssingNo – Brandy
Visionist – Patience
Shy One – Black Widow
Visionist – Stickz & Stonez
Kowton – Sketch 1
Filter Dread – Burner
Acre – Malta Kano
Visionist – Restless
Visionist – Only Eye
Ciara/Young Dot (Total Freedom Edit) – Promise/Real Talk
Zomby – Haunted
Dot Rotten ft Fugi – Best of Me
Biggie Dan – DTM Gome Mad VIP
??? – Bone
Dot Rotten – The Circle
DJ Oddz (Visionist – Crying Angels Mix) – Champion remix/vip

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
Wen's also been at it with an 'influences' mix for 45HZ, don't think it's been posted here yet. Makes for a pretty enjoyable listen, particularly as he splices freestyles, bits of radio chatter, and album skits in, and traces quite a few of the same lines of continuity that we've been discussing in this thread:

http://45hertzofbass.com/2013/03/29/45hzinf001-wen/

01. L-Wiz - Egyptic
02. Trim - The Low-Dan
03. Dot Rotten - Rowdy Riddim
04. Logan Sama 'Skepta V Ghetto' 2008 - Skepta Freestyle
05. Wiley - The Game
06. El-B - Amazon
07. Markone - Rage
08. Tinchy Stryder - Desert Storm
09. Synkro - Connected
10. Dusk + Blackdown - (Keysound Radio)
11. Terror Danjah - S.O.S
12. Geeneus Ft. Riko, Wiley & Breeze - Knife & Gun (Blackdown Devil Mix / Remix)
13. Kryptic Minds - Distant
14. TGS - On Tha Run (Horsepower Productions Remix)
15. Pinch - Croydon House
16. Visionist - Sodium
17. Cooly G - Narst
18. Sully - Let You
19. Pearson Sound - Footloose
20. Dusk + Blackdown - (Keysound Rain)
21. Bonobo - Recurring

Think I've posted this on here before, but it seemed apt to throw in a Beneath mix as well. All hail the new dub.

http://www.thedailystreet.co.uk/2012/11/tds-mix-029-beneath/

01. Beneath – Me & You Remix
02. Beneath – Bellz
03. Hagan – Aburi Mountain
04. Brunks – Circus
05. Hagan – Malfunktion
06. Alex Coulton – Too Much Talk (Beneath’s 350 Remix)
07. Kahn & Neek – Backchat
08. Hodge – Turmoil (Kowton Remix)
09. Beneath – Send
10. Alex Coulton – Candy Flip
11. Beneath – Rough
12. Alex Coulton – Bleep Sequence
13. Beneath – Duty
14. Beneath – Prangin

huffafc

Mumler
Kowton is so awesome. This could probably fit it the house/techno thread as well. Comes with a super remix from Karenn

yeah, saw the hessle night at output a couple weeks back - and between tfb, his remix of fuck you all the time, and that pearson sound des bisous/gabryelle refix blend, his tracks were major highlights throughout the night. and sounded so good on that system.

wise

bare BARE BONES
listening to Keysound Allstars 2, first couple of tracks are pretty good but someone really needs to take Visionist's reverb vst away and slap his wrists, wishy washy

said

it's been pretty sleepy in here recently, but there's brilliant new cold recordings stuff from dissensus' own batu (phaedo) - out to you omar.

^^ some unreleased bits from various moody luminaries in there