KAN YAY OR KAN NAY? (The Kanye West Thread)

forclosure

not really into it, reminds me of the parts of Pablo that i felt were really rushed and all obsessed with stupid tabloid celebrity bullshit, his flow sounds clunky and the beat is whatever a shame cause i like Pierre B'ourne

forclosure

he's trying to do the Juvenile "Ha" flow but without any of the energy or sarcasm that Juve had, the #metoo support for russel simmons don't sit too well for me but not surprising

just feels really shallow

Last edited:

catalog

I think I know what you mean. That's first time I heard that flow at such an exposed level but I get it if it's a bit played out for you

forclosure

i mean from kendrick to billy woods there were a bunch of rappers in the last decade who incorporated that flow into a couple bars or two but just hearing it here i'm like "whatever"

catalog

Yeah I mean I'm not massively up on contemporary rappers in general I must admit. But hearing thug next to Dean has helped me

forclosure

i'm not versed in Dean's music but i think he's a interesting guy though i knew of hype williams and that but never listened to em so it's the opposite for me

forclosure

so are you saying this might be your step into chekcing out "contemporary rappers" or am i misinterpreting?

also you must've heard Ha? cause that track was huge when it came out

catalog

so are you saying this might be your step into chekcing out "contemporary rappers" or am i misinterpreting?

also you must've heard Ha? cause that track was huge when it came out
Well sort of, yes. I've been unable to get into contemporary rap much (as luka constantly points out) and the lens of Dean blunt (who I'm obsessed with to an admittedly unhealthy degree) has helped, by simple dint of placing one Dean song, one thug song, one Dean song and so on. They seem to illuminate one another. And I want to listen to and love new music