KAN YAY OR KAN NAY? (The Kanye West Thread)

forclosure

yeah i get that it's like going into a room made out of marble, funny thing is though is that it suggests that the rapping becomes secondary to the sound and considering some of the talk i've seen about him and bladee's music even though they don't have the firmest grasp of english its clear that stuff has resonated with people

forclosure

There's multiple versions of songs on the album. He's promoting a sort of remixing platform and encouraging artists to allow the public to break down their songs and reformat them as they see fit. Which is of course, him being influenced by tech industry stuff.

Nobody is mentioning this in the press though so of course it's completely going over everyone's heads. The album's purpose is going to p. much be completely lost.
yep making sure this time around that people don't miss the point, i don't buy his grandstanding of freeing artists from this oppressive system considering his own history of doing up and coming artists dirty, but i see what he's doing right down to the fact that it lists what you can do with it and it gives you DONDA as the thing you can experiment with

reminds me of the Wu album that got in Martin Skrelli's hands only there's not 1 of it but yeah novelty and all that

also i suppose he's trying to skirt past the leaking and downloaders aswell. 200 quid though ,its the usual price for this kind of thing but thinking about alot of the people who'll act exasperated over this like they collectivley got up from their seats too quickly of his 5th dimensional genius and how he's the GOAT/GOATed they're defo not gonna have the available funds to get this thing immediatley.

woops

is not like other people
housemate of mine was "working" on the concept of a stem remixing create-your-own website in around 2010 or thereabouts. not sure if anything came of it. probably not.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Did anyone watch the Netflix doc?

Obviously approved by and biased towards Kanye but disclaimers aside thought it was really interesting to see how he wasn't taken seriously as a rapper or artist at that stage in his career. How he needed that self belief and arrogance to keep at it when relatively few people (at least seemingly) were encouraging him. (I wasn't aware of how much Mos and Kweli had his back in those days, and that he almost was signed to Rawkus.)

His mum seemed absolutely lovely too btw.

And it seems poignant too atm with him seemingly melting down on Instagram.

forclosure

Can't imagine how anyone can still be interested in this person
there's a very vocal group who think he's the GOAT an still hasn't fall off but i think at this point we're just numb to it all the meltdowns, the half apologies, the way he uses every moment as a way to promote himself even the fact that we say we can't understand why or telling other people to stop talking about him and still doing so

forclosure

@luka honestly i just put this stem thing in here cause i was expecting one or two people to be like "now hold on now he might doing something here" in amongst the usual scorn but i was wrong

Benny Bunter

Who wants to pay 200 dollars to twiddle about with stems on a stupid app, especially as the music will no doubt be shite anyway? Only idiots. I can't think of anything more pointless or dumb.

It'll get leaked within seconds of being released anyway and eventually he'll cave and put it up on Spotify, just like he did with all the other stuff he tried to make exclusive. What a fool.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The last part of the Netflix doc reminded me of the last part of OJ Simpson: Made in America. Obviously he's not brutally murdered anyone and he isn't doing time in prison, he's free and a billionaire, but with all that money, fame and acclaim he's still fundamentally isolated and unhappy.

That bind he's in of feeling like he needs to be off the meds to be creative – when you can see that being on the meds makes him happier, but also a bit zombified. Not a particularly new or interesting concept but almost heartbreaking at times to see.

Even if you don't rate him as an artist (or human being) I think it's still a pretty fascinating documentary. The first two parts were quite uplifting and the third was a total downer.

luka

as your life coach i advise you to stop talking about kayne it makes you seem bland and middle of the road. like a paste person.

woops

is not like other people
The last part of the Netflix doc reminded me of the last part of OJ Simpson: Made in America. Obviously he's not brutally murdered anyone and he isn't doing time in prison, he's free and a billionaire, but with all that money, fame and acclaim he's still fundamentally isolated and unhappy.

That bind he's in of feeling like he needs to be off the meds to be creative – when you can see that being on the meds makes him happier, but also a bit zombified. Not a particularly new or interesting concept but almost heartbreaking at times to see.

Even if you don't rate him as an artist (or human being) I think it's still a pretty fascinating documentary. The first two parts were quite uplifting and the third was a total downer.