trading 212 on your mobile

RWY

Worth pointing out before this thread develops any further that there is a difference between investing and speculating. I hold long-term investments which, as Version has already mentioned, are primarily in the form of index funds. I’m not in the business of speculation so, unfortunately, I am of no help if you are looking for a get rich quick scheme to finance your psychedelic orgies or Marxist book publishing.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Worth pointing out before this thread develops any further that there is a difference between investing and speculating. I hold long-term investments which, as Version has already mentioned, are primarily in the form of index funds. I’m not in the business of speculation so, unfortunately, I am of no help if you are looking for a get rich quick scheme to finance your psychedelic orgies or Marxist book publishing.
Yeah that's what I'm saying - people lump these things together, arbitrage which I used to do is different again.

RWY

Just to be clear, I was only ever a contributing writer, only had three interviews published and was never formally employed by them. I was most proud of the interview with DJ Q that I previously posted in my Bassline Top 100 thread. It’s really badly edited and isn’t even the best piece of writing on that scene available online but at the time it was a big thing for me to be interviewing one of the heroes of my youth. Unfortunately I wasn’t in a great place in life at that time and subsequently failed to finish three other, more interesting pieces they had commissioned me to write.

Last edited:

RWY

Anyway, let’s try and get this thread back on track - does anyone else have any experience or knowledge they would like to contribute? What insights does @IdleRich have to share from his cocaine fuelled years spent ordering lunchtime hookers to his office at One Canada Square? @Corpsey Do you know what forms of investment and speculation your ancestors partook in?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Anyway, let’s try and get this thread back on track - does anyone else have any experience or knowledge they would like to contribute? What insights does @IdleRich have to share from his cocaine fuelled years spent ordering lunchtime hookers to his office at One Canada Square? @Corpsey Do you know what forms of investment and speculation your ancestors partook in?
It was a Dutch company, that kind of stuff was very strongly frowned on.
I guess theoretically one could get rich quick doing arbitrage, the only problem is there are millions of other people looking for the same opportunities and they're smarter than you and have huge computer systems backing them.