trading 212 on your mobile

linebaugh

Now that its blown up like this the moment has passed, no? uncommitted outsiders will follow hype and sell in the short term ruining the whole gambit, if thats how it works. rudewhy I need you to tell me why I shouldn't dump my savings into gamestop

IdleRich

IdleRich
As a completely disinterested bystander who isn't gonna get involved, I have a feeling that loads of people piling in might just give it more wings and fuck the short sellers harder. But what do I know? I never traded on direction.

version

Screenshot-from-2021-01-27-16-41-58.png

linebaugh

As a completely disinterested bystander who isn't gonna get involved, I have a feeling that loads of people piling in might just give it more wings and fuck the short sellers harder. But what do I know? I never traded on direction.
this isnt the sobering advice from our resident expert we need rich

version

AMC appears to be next on the list. Overnight, online traders at r/wallstreetbets’ Discord server spent hours creating memes and spamming AMC emoji in an effort to convince thousands of people to buy AMC stock. Hundreds swarmed rapper Soulja Boy’s live Twitch stream in a failed endeavor to get him to tweet about AMC. At one point in an ongoing Discord call — with dozens of participants shouting profanity and racial slurs — traders thought Elon Musk was on the call. After many called for quiet and to “let Elon speak,” everyone soon realized it was just a prankster using a fake Elon Musk sound board.

IdleRich

IdleRich
AMC appears to be next on the list. Overnight, online traders at r/wallstreetbets’ Discord server spent hours creating memes and spamming AMC emoji in an effort to convince thousands of people to buy AMC stock. Hundreds swarmed rapper Soulja Boy’s live Twitch stream in a failed endeavor to get him to tweet about AMC. At one point in an ongoing Discord call — with dozens of participants shouting profanity and racial slurs — traders thought Elon Musk was on the call. After many called for quiet and to “let Elon speak,” everyone soon realized it was just a prankster using a fake Elon Musk sound board.
Is Soulja Boy particularly popular amongst day-traders?

version

... it’s “a tug of war between tradition and the future” that has gotten really personal. “We need to take the wealth back from these boomers,” said one member of the Discord call encouraging investment in AMC.

IdleRich

IdleRich
this isnt the sobering advice from our resident expert we need rich
Well if it went from 4 dollar or whatever to 400 and people got 100 x gains... I think it's pretty clear it's not gonna go to 40000 so that kind of insane leveraging of your bet can't happen obviously. Is that more what you want?
Edit it went to 253 or something so approx 60x gains but the point still stands I think.

version

I've heard people are investing in Palantir too, but I think that's more of a serious investment than what's going on with GameStop etc.

RWY

Trading 212's servers have been crashing all afternoon since the US markets opened, lots of angry, pissed off oiks and plebians kicking up a fuss on twitter.

version

Wonder how Wall St. will respond to all this. Surely there's going to be some legislation coming down the pipeline to nip it in the bud.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Trading 212's servers have been crashing all afternoon since the US markets opened, lots of angry, pissed off oiks and plebians kicking up a fuss on twitter.
Can't blame 'em they've got gold fever and they're being locked out of the mines (or wherever prospectors went to get gold, the hills whatever).

linebaugh

I've heard people are investing in Palantir too, but I think that's more of a serious investment than what's going on with GameStop etc.
I saw a screen grab from wsb passed around after the election calling palantir a good investment because Biden would expand the surveillance state. think it was meant only half seriously but what does that mean really