photos of lea valley before Olympic development

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I looked it up yyaldrin. "The snail is a spiral of redundant pumping machinery, beside a footpath off the Greenway, adjacent to East London's sewage cathedral."

hm cool. i wonder how it functions and whether they got the technique from those ammonoids. i guess the shape of it also looks a bit like a mathematical function.

edit: fibonacci:

Last edited:

woops

is not like other people
i can see kings cross church and the statue round the back of soas. moving away from east london now

luka

image.jpg

This is famous. It was built as a department store. It is broken in two because the man in the building wedged between refused to sell up.

luka

image.jpg

Who can tell me where this is? I'm going to have a little break now.
Edit: address is written on the building lol I've got some voice in my head telling me this was an Art Deco cinema but looks very small. I will look it up in my Pevsner later on

luka

"Stands out for its concave front and vertical tower, part of a remodelling of 1934 by George Coles for Smarts Picture Palace, a pre-1914 picture house."
Pevsner.

version

My dad's apparently fascinated by drug lord mausoleums. He always seems to bring them up in conversation.

luka

Evelina de Rothschild was the daughter of Baron Lionel de Rothschild (1808–1879), the first openly unconverted Jew to sit in the British House of Commons. Her mother was Charlotte von Rothschild (1819–1884), a cousin from the Naples branch of the family.

On 7 June 1865 Evelina married her second cousin Ferdinand James von Rothschild (1839–1898) of the Austrian branch of the family. Because of her parents' prominent position as one of the wealthiest and most influential families in England, guests at her wedding banquet and ball included Benjamin Disraeli, the ambassadors from Austria and France, and Prince George, Duke of Cambridge.

Now this Jewish cemetery is in Maryland, wedged between Stratford and Forest Gate and not at all where you might expect to find a Rothschild.