Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I was listening to Sunship as well. It's not a strategic conflict. You really can listen to whatever you enjoy, you know.

That is not the point though. You said house and techno standards (or more broadly dance subcultural) don't factor into your enjoyment of this music. except they do, in an inverted way. championing this music seen as guttertrash is inverted snobbery.

craner

Beast of Burden
That is not the point though. You said house and techno standards (or more broadly dance subcultural) don't factor into your enjoyment of this music. except they do, in an inverted way. championing this music seen as guttertrash is inverted snobbery.

But they don't! I don't think about house or techno when I listen to it. It's pop music. I liked pop music.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
in fact listening to subcultures which conflict with each other is a surefire way to develop a healthy psychic apparatus for a musicological lexicon. But then you have to admit your outsider status, which is exactly what the goldsmiths mandem did not think they were. Mixmag and prog house lovers making future garridge, thinking we would not see behind their mock attempts to present themselves as insiders!

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
But they don't! I don't think about house or techno when I listen to it. It's pop music. I liked pop music.

Pop music is an umbrella. It doesn't exist in any real form anymore. Not like french pop of the 60s or the orchestral pop of the middle east. Most of it is just house, rnb or rock.

craner

Beast of Burden
yer average chart fan is not going to know about on remand or weatherall's two loan swordsmen alias are they.

But I liked jungle as well. I didn't like it because it wasn't Dave Clarke. I didn't really like Dave Clarke. I liked jungle. I liked Haddaway.

craner

Beast of Burden
Pop music is an umbrella. It doesn't exist in any real form anymore. Not like french pop of the 60s or the orchestral pop of the middle east. Most of it is just house, rnb or rock.

OK, but in the early and mid 90s this was part of the British pop mainstream. And it was a part I really liked.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
But I liked jungle as well. I didn't like it because it wasn't Dave Clarke. I didn't really like Dave Clarke. I liked jungle. I liked Haddaway.

Dissensus was precisely set up on liking jungle because it was more advanced, more futuristic whatever than Dave Clarke. Simon is absolutely going to crucify you now, I'm the bloody clement one here!

luka

Craner doesn't even understand what he's being accused of he thinks its a molestation charge but its much more innocuous than that

Status
Not open for further replies.