Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

no one should be allowed to make music for the next 50 years. theres more than enough music. people should stop making music.
it feels so pointless and wasteful.

Leo

no one should be allowed to make music for the next 50 years. theres more than enough music. people should stop making music.
it feels so pointless and wasteful.

there are probably people who say the same thing about poetry.

not me, mind you. I crave new poetry every day.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
For those of you not sick to death of music

This is a great (and gigantic) playlist, presumably of songs Charlie Bones (who just left NTS as breakfast host after 10 years) played over the years...

And through it, I discovered this band (who I'm sure you all know and quite possibly despise) PREFAB SPROUT.

I've listened to 4 songs and they're all cheesy and certainly not in my usual "wheelhouse" but I really like them.

That's the great thing about playlists/radio, they smuggle things into your ears that you'd never have given access to consciously.

CARS AND GIRLS

My two big obsessions when I was 14.

luka

For those of you not sick to death of music

This is a great (and gigantic) playlist, presumably of songs Charlie Bones (who just left NTS as breakfast host after 10 years) played over the years...

this is really offensive, disgusting, exactly why i will never listen to NTS

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Well I can see where you're coming from, certainly.

I haven't got the standards that people like you and third have, though.

I'm a Catholic in my tastes – by which i mean of course that I fancy choir boys LMAO

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's interesting how this eclectic stance towards music has been produced by or at least fuelled by the internet.

It's impossible to conceive of being into so many different styles of music in an era where I'd actually have to fork out for all these records.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
As I'm sure you agree, not buying music makes you feel disconnected from it.

Even buying drum n bass records felt to me on some level like I was investing in the genre. I was backing it. I WAS A DRUM N BASS SOLDIER I THOUGHT I TOLD YA

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Fuck me coffee's great

(for me, not everyone else reading this, obvs)

As much as I was tempted to say that you're just projecting your own depression/withering on everyone else by demanding the end of music, I do think you're onto something – in that music is never ending now, never stopping, 24 hours a day, no landmarks, just a constant emetic torrent

luka

nobody enjoys music now, this is an established fact. everybody agrees that it's over as a cultural force. this is not something personal to me. it means nothing.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'd say on the contrary more people enjoy music than ever.

But it does seem to mean less as a cultural force, I agree with that.

What does mean something, now, though? Facebook?

luka

precisely nobody enjoys music, or they enjoy it in the same way they enjoy cupcakes. oh, thats rather nice.
music shold be erased from the world completely. theres a disgusting glut of it, a mass-produced pile of
horrible objects no one needs. burn it all to cinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.