K-Punk

craner

Beast of Burden
I mean that you would have the strong feeling of having met someone with a very distinct and often quite prickly sense of who they were in the world. Most people aren't like that: they might or might not have a robust private sense of identity, but either way they mostly prefer to rub along with others without standing out too much. Imagine wanting to be thought of as "intimidating"! If only so that you then have occasion to say to people "don't worry, I'm not intimidating really, what, little old me?", knowing full well that they find you very imposing, if not actually terrifying. But the source of that isn't pure narcissistic self-importance (although that can be a besetting vice), it's having gifts that you're not comfortable with and don't know how to control.

This is really good and true of that coterie.

luka

The reason Jim, Luke and I gravitated towards each other is precisely because we were so likeable, gregarious, photogenic, gracious and good at putting others at ease.
correct. i always remember, and im far to discreete to name names, but i always remember you teeling me about meeting one of them and saying his bad breath literally sent you reeling, recoiling as if youd been hit by a solid wave of evil energy

luka

i never actually met any of them really so im mostly going from your stories and the k-punk comment boxes, the mephitic vapours they gave out

craner

Beast of Burden
correct. i always remember, and im far to discreete to name names, but i always remember you teeling me about meeting one of them and saying his bad breath literally sent you reeling, recoiling as if youd been hit by a solid wave of evil energy

Yeah, that was somebody who never went near Dissensus, I hasten to add.

sufi

lala
tempting to say these people wore their intellectual and spiritual malignancy in their physical deformities and ailments
imet someone like that through work, a halitosis guy, he is a high powered boss with appalling toxic breath, and needless to say our work with his organisation went horribly

poetix

we murder to dissect
Josef K, sometime of this manor, was always the picture of perky health whenever I saw him with that lot. I wouldn't take that as morally indicative either.

poetix

we murder to dissect
Perhaps we ruined him. It's possible. We brought him down. The final insult of being called a posh dalek by Mark and expelled from the bright inner circle - how could anyone recover from that?