K-Punk

luka

whats i like about that quote is that it is about how it might be possible to read. how you might trick yourself into reading. i talked about it in the Borges thread too.

luka

nobody wants to read its so boring, but its good for us, so how to do it. lets say for a minimum of 2 hours every day. that's probably what you want to aim for as bare minimum.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
like if i have to read nabokov (one of the most pretentious windbags in the world) or listen to Dido, I'll still choose Nabokov.

luka

you dont find agitprop boring but if i was to assign you a reading list you would struggle with it

luka

just as if you forced me to read about industrial policy in early 20th century Poland i'd find it hard going.

woops

is not like other people
i'm getting a bit tired of this "reading is boring, never read, i never read" it's funny once or twice but you seem to have confused it with an actual stance @luka. agitprop probably is well boring but there are agitators who would eat it up without the £1000. no one here dislikes reading on principle. even stan was into listening to lectures which is a passive form of reading. but well done it's funny to pretend that we are all illiterate sons of the local pub.

woops

is not like other people
including one by nabokov.

part of the reason you're not reading is 'cos you're spending so much time reading on the internet.

it's be more of a challenge to read nothing for a week

woops

is not like other people
how is this to be solved by trying to catch up with @jenks or by making a "quixotic" attempt at the western canon like @craner at which point i'd have @thirdform telling me i should be reading persian mystics instead or by trying to guess what @luka considers non-boring or by persisting with my lifelong strategy of reading whatever seems interesting / useful / to hand?