What's your favourite Adele song?

boxedjoy

that one really bothers me - such a sweet, unashamedly buoyant lyric, a kind of schmaltz that could be believable in better hands. But he delivers it with all the smug contentment of someone who's never experienced the troughs to go with the peaks. Just a smirk of privilege, a snarl in search of sincerity.

boxedjoy

not that sincerity is inherently a good quality - you can be great and insincere - but you can tell he's using technique to mask a lack of sincerity and lived experience.

woops

is not like other people
similarly @luka we watched Xmas Day TOTP and Fearne & Clara were introducing the acts in a really horrible, reading-aloud-from-Buzzfeed, unnatural way, it was completely unpleasant in every imaginable way - nobody talks like this, nobody responds like this, the insincerity makes everything seem so neutral and bland and unexciting
this is why i have not watched tv for years and years it is utterly unreal in a pernicious way

luka

not that sincerity is inherently a good quality - you can be great and insincere - but you can tell he's using technique to mask a lack of sincerity and lived experience.
Where people love gaslighting you these days is where they go "oh but how can you tell you can't see inside his heart" when they say that to me, I cut them. Flick out a blade and scar their face.

version

Where people love gaslighting you these days is where they go "oh but how can you tell you can't see inside his heart" when they say that to me, I cut them. Flick out a blade and scar their face.
best-nerd-affiliate-programs.jpg

woops

is not like other people
on the other hand i've said before there is an absolutely massive remix inside hello waiting to happen

luka

She's got a great voice and it's such an amazing song that it still works even with the fat moron shouting inanities over her

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I mentioned on here before how Celine Dione songs get played at thugged out dancehall parties in Jamaica, right?

boxedjoy

I mentioned it in the dancefloor moments thread but I have heard this twice in nightclubs with a reaction of shock and awe, it's just incredible

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Seems mildly relevant.

I wonder if Adele is huge in Kingston. (Version now's the time to post that photo of her in the JA bikini)