catalog

The hermeneutic synthesis regarding the MCU consists of letting yourself be childishly, naively, vulnerably manipulated by the spectacle, then distancing yourself from it, inspecting the experience.

The former without the latter is blind, the latter without the former is insubstantial.
this sounds like an association/dissociation technique, as used by shamans

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Even though DC has seemingly more interesting characters, they missed the mark in terms of harnessing the spectacle. Even if they were to succeed, it would be by following Marvel or otherwise paling in comparison to it.

luka

Even though DC has seemingly more interesting characters, they missed the mark in terms of harnessing the spectacle. Even if they were to succeed, it would be by following Marvel or otherwise paling in comparison to it.
It's hard to see marvel being replaced by a different set of superheroes. Marvel should buy DC really for the great tie-ins and crossovers

constant escape

winter withered, warm
this sounds like an association/dissociation technique, as used by shamans
There are magical uses for what I'm talking about, although I'm not familiar with this or that shamanic technique.

But if you can "move" into the territory of the fan, then "move back" into the territory of the skeptic, ts as if you are becoming familiar with and mobile within a landscape occupied solely by stationary figures.

woops

is not like other people
it's funny as the DC characters were historically well ahead until there was a "flip" sometime around the turn of the millennium
You've been on fire the last ten pages or so.
marvel energy

luka

There are magical uses for what I'm talking about, although I'm not familiar with this or that shamanic technique.

But if you can "move" into the territory of the fan, then "move back" into the territory of the skeptic, ts as if you are becoming familiar with and mobile within a landscape occupied solely by stationary figures.
Pretty much how everyone engages with film books games even conversation

constant escape

winter withered, warm
It's hard to see marvel being replaced by a different set of superheroes. Marvel should buy DC really for the great tie-ins and crossovers
I could actually see this happening. They'd have to pull the old interdimensional communication thing. Or some kind of transdimensional blip that garners attention in both universes. Really its quite doable, without retconning or otherwise tweaking the history of the MCU.

luka

I could actually see this happening. They'd have to pull the old interdimensional communication thing. Or some kind of transdimensional blip that garners attention in both universes. Really its quite doable, without retconning or otherwise tweaking the history of the MCU.
They've done it in the comics heaps

catalog

yeah skipping about

yeah skipping about in viewpoints is a good thing to try doing, apparently. also happiness can be associated, sadness dissociated.

luka

Two god-like Brothers who personify the DC and Marvel Universes each become aware of the other's existence, and challenge one another to a series of duelsinvolving each universe's respective superheroes. The losing universe would cease to exist. The story had an "out of universe" component in that the outcomes of the primary battles were determined by the readers' votes.[3]

woops

is not like other people
I did exactly this over the long-term. I used to collect and avidly read "New Mutants" and "X-Force" comics when I was 13 or 14. Just recently I picked up my old collection and was appalled at the crappiness of the writing. Heart-breakingly bad. In between I have undergone a long period of skepticism, preferring to try and get my head around Euro art films for many years. Now I have come almost full circle

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Pretty much how everyone engages with film books games even conversation
But do you not get the impression that the prevailing M.O. is that there is an optimal position, a location in which a stationary situation is more informed, mature, etc?

Which may be the case, but an optimal stationary position can;t compare with an optimal roadmap between positions.

That said, arbitrary and seemingly chaotic movement here is a sort of psychosis, which is almost always, if not always, experienced unwittingly, involuntarily.