luka

it cant be cos its just some tiny little island. the whole point of china is that its massive.

luka

you could say england is the best bit of europe which it is but you cant say england is europe, or that it is the real europe. its just a little island hanging off the end like a crusty bit of poo

william_kent

you could say england is the best bit of europe which it is but you cant say england is europe, or that it is the real europe. its just a little island hanging off the end like a crusty bit of poo

yeah, but Taiwan is the Republic of China, they didn't suffer the "cultural revolution", they still venerate the 'folk religion"

wild greens

wild greens has spend a lot of time there doing ketamine with teenage instagram models in kareoke bars he says its fucking brilliant over there

Only a small part of this is true. I had a great time in Shanghai.

Beijing i didn't like one bit though

vimothy

yurp
current situ wrt to china seems pretty mad. its like the dc blob has got a similar fixation on confrontation with china as it had on confrontation with disfavoured regimes during the war on terror - although the stakes are much higher

luka

current situ wrt to china seems pretty mad. its like the dc blob has got a similar fixation on confrontation with china as it had on confrontation with disfavoured regimes during the war on terror - although the stakes are much higher

luka

im always impressed with countries where people use public space and the street is somewhere to meet people. thats what looks great about selling crack in america for instance. all your friends mucking about outside like happy children. or in china all these wizened pensioners gambling on the corner, little folding table, not afraid to take up space and be seen. makes england seem an especially sad place to live.

luka

some old hag with one tooth selling 8 spring onions on the side of the road and youre just allowed to do it. a much freer country than england in that regard.

luka

grow some spring onions in your vegetable patch and come out and sell them on the corner for 50p. that's proper capitalism in my opinion.