Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
one way to funnel certain rats deeper into crypto

where there’s a will n all that
Well another possibility here, with crypto, is that any Russian state official attempting to flee sanctions will likely invite a certain danger from hactivists. They likely wouldn't be able to rely on centralized exchanges, and would thus have to fare in the wilderness of DeFi, where you can get scammed even without a major target on your back.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Truly the financial equivalent of the wild west, and I suspect the usual grifters may feel emboldened to steal from people who wouldn't have the global system to back them up.

haji

lala
Ukraine is the 11th biggest arms exporter globally and has sent weapons to a number of the world's wars over recent years.
After even bigger warmongers like UK US and Russia, among others, of course.
Huge and unchallenged small arms imports imho have been a major factor in the destruction of the middle east since 2003
Ukraine supplied Major Conventional Weapons to active participants in the following conflicts:

Afghanistan
Angola
Burundi
Chad
DRC (1996-2002)
DRC (2003-onward)
Ethiopia (internal)
Ethiopia - Eritrea
India
Iraq (2003)
Iraq (2004-onward)
Myanmar
Nepal
Nigeria
Pakistan
Russia - Chechnya
Somalia
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Syria
Uganda
Ukraine
Yemen

Not that its the poor Ukrainian people's fault of course but still that is a very bad record, even compared to UK

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Ukraine is the 11th biggest arms exporter globally and has sent weapons to a number of the world's wars over recent years.
After even bigger warmongers like UK US and Russia, among others, of course.
Huge and unchallenged small arms imports imho have been a major factor in the destruction of the middle east since 2003

Not that its the poor Ukrainian people's fault of course but still that is a very bad record, even compared to UK
I'm certainly not familiar with Ukraine, or how public officials may be complicit or even party to such dealings, but to what degree should we hold nations accountable for the dealings of private sector actors? I also suspect the public/private sector distinction may not be as clear in some of these nations.

Leo

A senior U.S. defense official said Russia has now deployed "nearly 100%" of the combat power that it had massed on Ukraine's borders, and that Russia has launched over 625 missiles into Ukraine since the start of the invasion.
  • The official said the Pentagon can confirm reports that Russia is recruiting Syrian mercenaries to fight in Ukraine, though they could not comment on the size or success of the effort.
  • "We find it noteworthy that [Putin] believes he needs to rely on foreign fighters to supplement what is a very significant commitment of combat power inside Ukraine as it is," the official said.
  • Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin ordered an additional 500 U.S. troops to deploy to Europe this weekend to shore up NATO's eastern flank, bringing the total number of U.S. service members stationed in Europe to approximately 100,000.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

toko

speaking of which are there any threads on music made by tracker/tracker type DAWs and/or the demoscene? a bit before my time but I've always been interested in learning more about the sub-culture

woops

is not like other people
there are threads on video game music but i don't think there are any threads specifically about amiga game soundtracks which is a shame because in that case no one would remember amazing music such as this