Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Well I am generally seeing it through a polarized American lens, where the right wing here seems to sympathize with Russia because it opposes the western order (which happens to be liberal).

edit: I guess I should say part of the right wing. I would say just the far Trump contingency, but I also saw that Tucker Carlson was entertaining Russian sympathies. Could have been fake, I suppose.

Leo

Yes, he said he would strike Moscow if Putin made a move on Ukraine on his watch.

LOL, please. he wouldn't have done shit, don't you remember the blowjob he gave Putin on live global TV at the Helsinki summit press conference?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sus

luka

woops was saying to me today, and i think this is more or less verbatim, the Iron Curtain of the 1940s and ‘50s was ostensibly designed to isolate Russia from Western Europe – to keep out Communist ideology and military penetration. Today’s sanctions regime is aimed inward, to prevent America’s NATO and other Western allies from opening up more trade and investment with Russia and China. The aim is not so much to isolate Russia and China as to hold these allies firmly within America’s own economic orbit. Allies are to forego the benefits of importing Russian gas and Chinese products, buying much higher-priced U.S. LNG and other exports, capped by more U.S. arms.

The sanctions that U.S. diplomats are insisting that their allies impose against trade with Russia and China are aimed ostensibly at deterring a military buildup. But that cannot really be the main Russian and Chinese concern. They have much more to gain by offering mutual economic benefits to the West. So the underlying question is whether Europe will find its advantage in replacing U.S. exports with Russian and Chinese supplies and the associated mutual economic linkages.

luka

the weakness, as i see it, of this line of woopsies is that it takes it granted that the US sort of forced Putin to attack Ukraine. but perhaps i'm missing something. otherwise it's an interpretation i enjoy.

luka

this is versions take from an email he sent me

The west have allowed Russia and China to control fuel, fertilizer, steel, agrochemicals, electronics and our manufacturing base. They now have us where they want us and know we can do nothing without hurting ourselves.

This could be the end of the western superpowers.

Leo

woops was saying to me today, and i think this is more or less verbatim, the Iron Curtain of the 1940s and ‘50s was ostensibly designed to isolate Russia from Western Europe – to keep out Communist ideology and military penetration. Today’s sanctions regime is aimed inward, to prevent America’s NATO and other Western allies from opening up more trade and investment with Russia and China. The aim is not so much to isolate Russia and China as to hold these allies firmly within America’s own economic orbit. Allies are to forego the benefits of importing Russian gas and Chinese products, buying much higher-priced U.S. LNG and other exports, capped by more U.S. arms.

The sanctions that U.S. diplomats are insisting that their allies impose against trade with Russia and China are aimed ostensibly at deterring a military buildup. But that cannot really be the main Russian and Chinese concern. They have much more to gain by offering mutual economic benefits to the West. So the underlying question is whether Europe will find its advantage in replacing U.S. exports with Russian and Chinese supplies and the associated mutual economic linkages.

your ability to recall and recount such complex discussion verbatim is impressive, uncanny even.

version

this is versions take from an email he sent me

The west have allowed Russia and China to control fuel, fertilizer, steel, agrochemicals, electronics and our manufacturing base. They now have us where they want us and know we can do nothing without hurting ourselves.

This could be the end of the western superpowers.
main-qimg-038c5f8f77dc07ce75c6bc3ae1bc94be-c