craner

Beast of Burden

woops

is not like other people
luke correcting spelling! what a piss take! how pedantic! how about this then it was a white house and fuck off! so pedantic!!

• Haha
Reactions: sus

woops

is not like other people
luke does, he goes nuts when i try to suggest improvements to the quality of his texts for him, as though it's a personal attack.

luka

Woops is right i do find it irritating when you successfully bully someone into reading something you've written (no small feat) and their only response is a smarmy bit of pedantry. That does send me into a rage.

luka

I think ideally you want someone to have recognised what you've done, why and how you've done it and perhaps to bestow special praise on some of the best bits of what you've done.

At a very high level you might have someone point out things you've done you didn't realise you'd done. This hasn't happened to me but I've done it for other people.

luka

Some people appreciate constructive criticism. I'm not sure I do necessarily, but I certainly dispense it liberally.

• Haha
Reactions: Leo

luka

Craner would you like to offer some guidelines of your own for people wishing to respond to your essay? Lay down exactly what you expect. Give them some clarity.

craner

Beast of Burden
I think ideally you want someone to have recognised what you've done, why and how you've done it and perhaps to bestow special praise on some of the best bits of what you've done.

At a very high level you might have someone point out things you've done you didn't realise you'd done. This hasn't happened to me but I've done it for other people.

One day I will be your Hugh Kenner but I haven't absorbed your long poems to the point of doing that yet. That's not to say I haven't read them, I have. But you have to live with them a while.

• Love