luka

ive been reading from the bottom up, a technique i often find useful if a text has repulsed me the first time.
im finding it more readable now.
(repulse in this sense
drive back (an attack or attacker) by force.
"rioters tried to storm the Ministry but were repulsed by police"
not this sense
cause to feel intense distaste and aversion.
"audiences were repulsed by the film's brutality"

craner

Beast of Burden
ive been reading from the bottom up, a technique i often find useful if a text has repulsed me the first time.
im finding it more readable now.
(repulse in this sense
drive back (an attack or attacker) by force.
"rioters tried to storm the Ministry but were repulsed by police"
not this sense
cause to feel intense distaste and aversion.
"audiences were repulsed by the film's brutality"

I think it gets stronger towards the end, but then the whole essay builds to the climax of the final section and you need all the layers and echoes and allusions that come from the rest of it. At least, that’s how I feel about it, but I’m not sure if it will work that way for anybody else.

I thought it was an ambitious piece of writing and I’m quietly proud of it, but whenever I feel like that hardly anybody else does. I call it the Heaven’s Gate scenario.

luka

i have read all of it now. second person in the world to finish after sufi. assuming sufi was telling the truth.

luka

im not the type to pick up on layers and echoes and allusions so they would have been wasted on me anyway

luka

please check out the promotional work im doing for my main man craner and think about how you can get involved,
eg by answering a tweet and saying, 'hey i second that recommendation, awesome essay' for example

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
it doesnt help that i couldnt give a shit about iraq or iraqis obviously.
Hang on, let me get this straight. Are you saying that when you were giving craner a massively hard time for supporting the Iraq invasion, calling him a psycho and a mass murderer and all the rest, that you were... not entirely in earnest?

That you were, well, how to put this... merely being a bit of a dick on the internet?

fainting.gif

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You mean the last couple of pages, or the last couple of decades of ribbing craner for being a psycho?

luka

Oliver has my massive social media marketing campaign impacted positively on your view-stats?